"Maracaibo" Top 5 Page for this destination Maracaibo by realde14
Maracaibo Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 119 photos
Maracaibo is Venezuela's second biggest city, situated on the Lake Maracaibo. It is not a very touristy place with very few attractions, and except for the center most of the buildings are rather modern.
Maracaibo is the capital of the Zulia state, and its people are known to be fun and friendly. The climate is very hot and humid, more than most other cities in Latin America that I can think of. In that sense, it has some common caracteristics to other South American port towns like Guayaquil or Baranquilla.
Maracaibo grew because of the discovery of huge oil fields nearby. It is not a typical tourist destination. Most of the things tourists would want to visit are in the center near the paseo de las ciencias where you can find several churches and monuments.
In front of the picture you can see the rather cheesy (and new) monument to the Virgin of Chiquinquira, the 'patronne'... more travel advice
realde14's Related Pages
Maracaibo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Independent Oil Capitol of South America"
- "Cabana Boy's Maracaibo Page"
- "Hot Hot Hot!!!"
- "ChinottoGirl's Maracaibo Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maracaibo
- Hotels in Maracaibo
- Transportation in Maracaibo
- Restaurants in Maracaibo
- Warnings and Dangers in Maracaibo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maracaibo
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Maracaibo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maracaibo
Photos in MaracaiboSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Brazil Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Argentina Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Uruguay Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 13 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 17 reviews, 11 photos
- São Paulo Intro, 17 reviews, 11 photos
- Montevideo Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Santiago Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ushuaia Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos