"Santa Cruz de la Sierra" Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Cruz de la Sierra by realde14
Santa Cruz de la Sierra Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 81 photos
Dusty Santa Cruz has been one of the fastest growing cities in Latin America over the last 40 years and has developed from a small backwater town into Bolivia's main commercial city. It has a bit of a frontier feeling to it as growth continues and Bolivians as well as immigrants from other countries continue to flock to Santa Cruz.
Santa Cruz is not your typical Bolivian city. It is culturally very different from the altiplano around La Paz. These differences have led to political problems between the central government and the more independent minded Cambas, as the people from Santa Cruz are called. So, don't expect snow-covered peaks and a large indigenous population reminiscent of the Inka and Quechua civilisation.
On the contrary, Santa Cruz is rather a dusty place in the hot and humid lowlands of Bolivia with relatively few attractions. The main attractions are actually outside the city like the Pre-Inka ruins at Samaipata, the Pantanal, or Jesuit Missions. On a positive note, the Cambas are very friendly and lively. Nightlife is excellent, and the women are beautiful.
It is around Santa Cruz is where the more interesting places can be found. The village of Samaipata, 120 kilometres away... more travel advice
This is probably the best hotel in Santa Cruz. it is in the upscale Equipetrol area. Unlike other business hotels, this... more travel advice
realde14's Related Pages
Santa Cruz de la Sierra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "If it's Wednesday, this must be Santa Cruz"
- "A FUNCTIONAL ENTRY GATE TO BOLIVIA"
- "Santa Cruz de la Sierra"
- "Santa Cruz"
- "Human Slaves In An Insect Nation, ArrrrrAhhhhAhhh!"
- "The earth creation"
- "PKRAZY's new Santa Cruz Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Cruz de la Sierra
- Hotels in Santa Cruz de la Sierra
- Transportation in Santa Cruz de la Sierra
- Nightlife in Santa Cruz de la Sierra
- Restaurants in Santa Cruz de la Sierra
- Shopping in Santa Cruz de la Sierra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Cruz de la Sierra
- 8 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Santa Cruz de la Sierra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Cruz de la Sierra
Photos in Santa Cruz de la SierraSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Brazil Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Argentina Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Uruguay Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 13 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 17 reviews, 11 photos
- São Paulo Intro, 17 reviews, 11 photos
- Montevideo Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Santiago Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ushuaia Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos