"O Rio de Janeiro continua lindo..." Rio de Janeiro by realde14
Rio de Janeiro Travel Guide: 3,655 reviews and 6,514 photos
I just returned from Carnaval in Rio and it was simply amazing. I have been to Rio over a dozen times but this was the first time I actually stayed for Carnaval.
Rio probably has one of the most stunning settings of any city in the world. There are so many places to visit, it can be almost overwhelming. Because of its great natural setting, the warmth of the Cariocas and the beach lifestyle, Rio de Janeiro is for me one of my top five favorite destinations. And if you don't feel like sightseeing, there is always the beach.
Rio is pretty much a city of neighboorhoods, each with its distinct own charm and caracteristics:
- Touristy Copacabana with its great beach and adjacent Leme
- Ipanema, where the beautiful people hang out
- Upscale Leblon, adjacent to Ipanema
- Centro, where most of the historic buildings and museums can be found
- Botafogo, Flamengo, Lapa, Laranjera, Lagoa, Urca, residential Barra da Tijuca: they are all worth a visit
- Pros:Beach, scenery, culture and overall carioca people and lifestyle
- Cons:Some unsave areas, (sex) tourists, and crowds
- In a nutshell:Probably the most Brazilian place of all things Brazilian
If you have some spare time in Rio, you should definitely visit the Botanical Garden with its giant royal palms, lakes... more travel advice
Carnaval in Rio is one of the world's biggest and most famous spectacles, and it is definitely worth visiting. Unlike... more travel advice
realde14's Related Pages
Rio de Janeiro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "RIO DE JANEIRO HAS SECRETS"
- "Welcome to the City of God"
- "Rio de Janeiro - Minha casa / My Home"
- "Rio de Janeiro - My favourite place on earth!"
- "RIO DE JANEIRO - WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD!"
- "Imagining Rio"
- "Rio de Janeiro - a work in progress for a while..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rio de Janeiro
- Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
- Transportation in Rio de Janeiro
- Nightlife in Rio de Janeiro
- Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
- Shopping in Rio de Janeiro
- Warnings and Dangers in Rio de Janeiro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rio de Janeiro
- 18 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Rio de Janeiro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rio de Janeiro
Photos in Rio de JaneiroSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Brazil Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Argentina Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Uruguay Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 13 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 17 reviews, 11 photos
- São Paulo Intro, 17 reviews, 11 photos
- Montevideo Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Santiago Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ushuaia Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos