"Martigny at the crossroads" Martigny-Ville by Ritchie_Lionheart
Martigny-Ville Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 10 photos
Not much to say about this regional market town, except that it is ideally located for excursions to Verbier, the Grand St-Bernard Pass (with the monastery brreding the famous St-Bernard dogs), the Italian (but officially French-spreaking) Val d'Aosta and many other mountain resorts with lots of possibilities for skiing and mounain walks.
Hourly fast trains to Geneva Airport (90 mins), Verbier (1 hr) and also to Milan (about 3 hours) plus frequent post bus service to all resoirts and also to Aosta. Surrounding areas nown for its abricots, tomatoes, pears, strawberries, asparagus and white wine (Fendant).
A good article on skiing in the canton of Valais read in local Geneva paper Le Temps today : Special offers for cunning... more travel advice
The owner Jimmy Georges is both: a typical big-mouthed mountain bloke, and a seasoned globetrotter. Tasty local food and... more travel advice
Ritchie_Lionheart's Related Pages
Martigny-Ville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Martigny at the crossroads"
- "Martigny --- In the Rhone Valley"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Martigny-Ville
- 4 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Martigny-Ville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Martigny-Ville
Top 10 Pages
- Geneva Intro, 36 reviews, 5 photos
- Annemasse Intro, 7 reviews, 2 photos
- Naples Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Madrid 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Martigny-Ville Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Barcelona Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Milan 4 reviews
- Antalya Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Basel Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos