"Östergötland" Östergötlands Län by Psife
Östergötlands Län Travel Guide: 334 reviews and 814 photos
Östergötland is a province and a county with a population of about 400.000 and an area of 100 square-miles. There are 3 larger cities, Linköping, Norrköping and Motala.
Östergötland is province defined by water, the western boarder is the rgeat lake Vättern and the east border the Baltic Sea.
Along the coast of Östergötland lies the St Anna archipelago, Sweden's second largest.
The Göta Channel is one of Sweden's largest projects, it is a 190 kilometer long channel connecting the Baltic Sea with the western sea Skagerak outside Gothenborg. Göta Channel ends in the lake Vänern where Trollhätte Channel continues to Gothenborg.
It was built between 1810 and 1832 by Baltzar von Platen and 58.000 Swedish soldiers and a few Russian POW:s. Of the 190 kilometer 87 kilometers is dug, mostly by showels.
Psife's Related Pages
Östergötlands Län Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Östergötlands Län"
- "Östergötlands län"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Östergötlands Län
- Hotels in Östergötlands Län
- Transportation in Östergötlands Län
- Nightlife in Östergötlands Län
- Restaurants in Östergötlands Län
- Shopping in Östergötlands Län
- Warnings and Dangers in Östergötlands Län
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Östergötlands Län
- 110 Reviews
- 68 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Östergötlands Län?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Östergötlands Län
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norrköping Intro, 69 reviews, 35 photos
- Finspång Intro, 23 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corsica Intro, 14 reviews, 11 photos
- Sälen Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
- Sankt Anna Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Linköping Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Åre Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Nice Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Croatia Intro, 3 photos