"Åre - Under Construction" Åre by Psife
Åre Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 34 photos
Åre is Sweden's most famous and by most considered best ski resort. It has over 40 lifts and more than a hundred slopes. Åre ski resort consists of the villages Åre and the neighbouring Duved, Tegefjäll and Åre Björnen. Together they form the largest ski resort in northern Europe with over 100 kilometers of pists in 4 ski areas, there are special childrens skiing areas and snowboard parks and halfpipes.
Åre lies next to the lake Åresjön and to one of Sweden's highest mountains, Åreskutan 1420 meters above the sea level. A cable car, the only one in Sweden, runs up to the top of Åreskutan. From Åreskutan there are several really good slopes and in the shop at the top ( <-- really bad joke =) ) you can buy a special top badge that can't be puchased anywhere else.
?re has a great nightlife with a lots of restaurants, bars and nightclubs. Every year lots of youths travel to ?re not just for the skiing.
The after ski at Sunwing (or Tott hotel as it has been renamed) is a classic.
- Pros:Great skiing and great nightlife
One of the world's largest and prestigious Big Air competitions with some of the best snowboarders and skiers. more travel advice
Åre is located in the middle of Sweden, although we southernerns consider it in the north =) You can get there by car,... more travel advice
Psife's Related Pages
Åre Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Åre - Under Construction"
- "Summer or winter - anything goes!"
- "Å r e"
- "Spring holidays in Åre"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Åre
- Hotels in Åre
- Transportation in Åre
- Restaurants in Åre
- Shopping in Åre
- Warnings and Dangers in Åre
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Åre
- 6 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Åre?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Åre
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norrköping Intro, 69 reviews, 35 photos
- Finspång Intro, 23 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corsica Intro, 14 reviews, 11 photos
- Sälen Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
- Sankt Anna Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Linköping Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Åre Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Nice Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Croatia Intro, 3 photos