Norrköping Transportation Tips by Psife Top 5 Page for this destination
Norrköping Transportation: 13 reviews and 9 photos
New for the summer of 2003 is a bistro tramway that traffic line 2. It's a rebuilt regular tramway with a bar and tables. You just pay the regular fee (and for your food and drinks of course).
The real surprise is the second cart, it's been rebuilt as a spa cart with a sauna and a jacuzzi.
Both are availible for bookings for private parties.
Norrköping has excellent communications;
European highways E22 from Kalmar and E4 from Malmö/Gothenburg both pass through Norrköping towards Stockholm.
The main rail road from the south of Sweden towards Stockholm runs through Norrköping.
Norrköping has a local airport with a flights to Copenhagen, Stockholm, Visby and 1 hour north of Norrköping lies Skavsta which Ryan Air uses.
In Nyköping, 1 hour north of Norrköping, lies Skavsta airport. Skavsta is Ryan Air's main airport in Sweden (called Stockholm South) with several cheap flights to several destinations including Paris and London.
An inexpencive and convenient way to get to/from Norrköping.
Norrköping has a small airport just on the outscirt of the town (5 minuters by car). There's not a lot of flights but there's daily flights to Kastrup, Copenhagen and Arlanda, Stockholm where you can transfer to continental and international flights.
It's a great airport because it has Europe's fastest boarding and your out oft the airport 5-10 minutes after landing.
Tramway going up Drottninggatan
You can get around in the central parts of Norrkoping with the famous tramways. There are 2 different lines, 2 and 3, and there's one every 15 minutes.
A single trip costs 16 crowns for an adult and a lot of tourists take the trip around with the tramways. In the summer there are occasionly a rolling café in one of the rebuilt tramways.
The yellow Tramways is a symbol for Norrköping and it caused an uproar when it was suggested that they would be painted in another colour.
To go around Norrköping and surrounding Östergötland use the county bus Östgötatrafiken. They cost between 16 and 56 crowns and go to most destinations in the county.
They also run a county train that leaves 3 times per hour towards Linköping using the same fare.
Norrköping has excellent train connections with trains leaving constantly for Stockholm, Malmö, Gothenburg, Västerås and Katrineholm.
Tickets can be booked and purchased online, prices are cheaper if tickets are bought more than 7 days ahead.
Youths (younger than 25) can purchase last minute discounts tickets online really cheap.
The bus between Stockholm and Malmö (Copenhagen) stops in Norrköping, the bus costs around 200 crowns and there's a guarantee if the bus is full they use an extra bus.
Ettan today and in the beginning
During the summer you can take a guided tour with the old veteran tramway in Norrk?ping from 1902. It's called Ettan (Number One) and used to go up Kungsgatan. Those tracks are gone nowadays but it's still a really nice ride and tour of Norrk?ping.
Make sure to look up the timetable in advance.
Phone: 011-15 50 00
More Reviews (60)
- See All Swedish Championship in Fireworks!
- Halvars Glass
- See All Destination Norrköping - Tourist...
- See All Intimate B&B
- See All Knäppingen
Psife's Related Pages
Norrköping Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Norrköping"
- "Sweden's Manchester gone wild!"
- "Safari park via Norrköping"
- "Maybe we must do another visit"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Norrköping
- Hotels in Norrköping
- Transportation in Norrköping
- Nightlife in Norrköping
- Restaurants in Norrköping
- Shopping in Norrköping
- Warnings and Dangers in Norrköping
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mount Faber Scenic Park Transportation
- Omoa Transportation
- Detroit Transportation
- Drakensberg Transportation
- Ocean City Transportation
- Stockton Transportation
- Hoboken Transportation
- Mount Rainier National Park Transportation
- Fun time - Trishaw ride
- Planes / Trains
- Waiheke Island Transportation
- Enschede Transportation
Badges & Stats in Norrköping
- 69 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Norrköping?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Norrköping
- Wrote a Review Swedish Championship in Fireworks! in Norrköping Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Swedish Championship in Fireworks!"
- updated a Norrköping Travel Page "Welcome to Norrköping"
- Posted in Travel Sweden Forum "Re: how much is a loaf of bread???"
- Commented on one of carolineraat's Norrköping travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norrköping Intro, 69 reviews, 35 photos
- Finspång Intro, 23 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corsica Intro, 14 reviews, 11 photos
- Sälen Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
- Sankt Anna Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Linköping Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Åre Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Nice Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Croatia Intro, 3 photos