"Blacksburg, Virginia" Top 5 Page for this destination Blacksburg by HotSpotJ

Blacksburg Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 88 photos

Blacksburg, VA... Home of Virginia Tech

Blacksburg VA is about 45 minutes away (driving time) from where I grew up in Roanoke VA. The town is made up of, almost entirely, of The Virginia Tech University campus. This place has really grown in the past 10 years, mostly due to a very successful NCAA college football program. Everyone should have a place where what they did during those college years stays in that place, a place where we only smile at fun memories of the past, and Blacksburg is that place for me.

UPDATE

I've been getting quite a bit of feedback on this page since yesterday, April 16th, 2007, when a lone, insane young man gunned down 32 innocent souls on the VA Tech campus. Unfortunatly most of the attention is morbid curiousity. I understand some search engines take people to this page, but Blacksburg is not a town of crime or violence. It is a great school town, with an amazing attitude, hopefully not forever ruined by the acts of one man. I've been in Norris and Ambler-Johnston, I mean AJ is right by the Stadiums, every Alumni or Tech fan walks right past it when you go to a game here. They are just normal buildings designed like any other campus, as secure as any other school. Virginia Tech is an excellent college campus and no one should ever be afraid to visit, live, or attend school in Blacksburg. I used to joke about Micheal Vick and Frank Beamer "building" this town- but seriously we- Virginians and VA Tech kids- will not let Cho Seung-Hui tear it down.

• Pros:Awesome youthful, energetic atmosphere, especially during the fall (football season)
  • Cons:A ghost-town during the summer months
  • In a nutshell:A great little town to stop in and discover what the word "Hokie" means!
  • Last visit to Blacksburg: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Apr 17, 2007

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2007 at 9:26 PM

Glad to see that someone else has a Blacksburg page on Virtual Tourist. Go Hokies!

• Karnubawax's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2007 at 12:58 AM

My sentiments exactly, J Am looking forward to coming to Blacksburg and the VA mountains in October!

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2007 at 8:45 PM

Lived in Arlington for 12 years. VA is in my blood and family roots to S Boston/ Halifax. My heart goes out to the academic community and all in Blacksburg. It's a dark day but it will shine again. I promise!

HotSpotJ Visits Here Frequently!

HotSpotJ

“Make it Happen”

Badges & Stats in Blacksburg

Have you been to Blacksburg?

Latest Activity in Blacksburg