"Blacksburg, Virginia" Top 5 Page for this destination Blacksburg by HotSpotJ
Blacksburg Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 88 photos
Blacksburg VA is about 45 minutes away (driving time) from where I grew up in Roanoke VA. The town is made up of, almost entirely, of The Virginia Tech University campus. This place has really grown in the past 10 years, mostly due to a very successful NCAA college football program. Everyone should have a place where what they did during those college years stays in that place, a place where we only smile at fun memories of the past, and Blacksburg is that place for me.
I've been getting quite a bit of feedback on this page since yesterday, April 16th, 2007, when a lone, insane young man gunned down 32 innocent souls on the VA Tech campus. Unfortunatly most of the attention is morbid curiousity. I understand some search engines take people to this page, but Blacksburg is not a town of crime or violence. It is a great school town, with an amazing attitude, hopefully not forever ruined by the acts of one man. I've been in Norris and Ambler-Johnston, I mean AJ is right by the Stadiums, every Alumni or Tech fan walks right past it when you go to a game here. They are just normal buildings designed like any other campus, as secure as any other school. Virginia Tech is an excellent college campus and no one should ever be afraid to visit, live, or attend school in Blacksburg. I used to joke about Micheal Vick and Frank Beamer "building" this town- but seriously we- Virginians and VA Tech kids- will not let Cho Seung-Hui tear it down.
- Pros:Awesome youthful, energetic atmosphere, especially during the fall (football season)
- Cons:A ghost-town during the summer months
- In a nutshell:A great little town to stop in and discover what the word "Hokie" means!
Great place to eat, and centrally located in the heart of Hokie Nation on South Main I just remember getting those huge... more travel advice
Due to becoming a perrinnial top 10 football team, tickets to Hokie footballe games have become very hard to get.... for... more travel advice
Written Apr 22, 2007
Written Apr 23, 2007
Virginia Tech Campus-Remembrance
HotSpotJ's Related Pages
Blacksburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Blacksburg, Virginia - The Home of Virginia Tech"
- "Blacksburg, Virginia"
- "Home of Virginia Tech"
- "parrotheadva's new Blacksburg Page"
- "Blacksburg, VA -- Virginia Tech"
- "gpbard's new Blacksburg Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Blacksburg
- Hotels in Blacksburg
- Transportation in Blacksburg
- Nightlife in Blacksburg
- Restaurants in Blacksburg
- Shopping in Blacksburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Blacksburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Blacksburg
- 12 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Blacksburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blacksburg
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 81 reviews, 196 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Beach Intro, 81 reviews, 149 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Roanoke Intro, 55 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hollywood Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos
- Chicago Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 25 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blacksburg Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siesta Key Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
No friends yet.