Miami Beach Local Custom Tips by HotSpotJ Top 5 Page for this destination
Miami Beach Local Customs: 23 reviews and 26 photos
House of Versace
This is the Versace Mansion where he was murdered on the front step on July 15th 1997. For some people it is a morbid curiosity, for me it is admiring an awesome residence. The medusa heads adorn the iron gates surround this mansion, as is his famous Greek pattern he used on most of his mens clothing designs. I was lucky enough to gain entrance to this amazing estate, finding out that the house is now an exclusive members only private facility with annual club dues in the range of 30,000 with every visit being an additional 3 or 4 thousand. The membership is by invitation only. Sorry about the boarded up windows, the pics were taken when Hurricane Ivan was off the coast of Jamaica.
Miami Ink is located at 1344 Washington Ave, across the street from most of the clubs, and was made extremely popular by a cable televsion show focusing on the specific customer requests and the artists who fulfill them. I was told by people I met in Miami that, because of the increased popularity, it is hard to get a tattoo here, so you might want to call ahead and make an appointment.
Phone: (305) 531-4556
Alcohol- the real cornerstone of a SoBe Diet
More than cultural guidance for travelers, but advice to anyone who dives into the world of commercial and advertised existance, if anything, the name "South Beach Diet" does not apply to what real South Beach locals eat... sushi and seafood, yes, but not all the overhyped diet meals we are beginning to see at the grocery. A real South Beach Diet consists of seafood, alot of sushi, good Cuban meals and alot of good alcohol to polish a great dinner off.... and dancing into the night, with great sunny afternoons of outdoor activity (boating, rollerblading, golf) before it all started. Its not what you eat, its the lifestyle you live.
Bar after UM lost to my VA Tech Hokies!!!
Remember what South Beach is- trendy. if you are coming here to be in the center of the absolute party mecca, then the same club you went to in March might be dreadfully empty the same night of the week in July. Actually, sometimes the clubs change names entirely. The trendy spots change from month to month, so it is truly up to you to find out where the party's at.
Usually on South Beach you will find this huge sandcastle being built. I saw this drunk idiot run through it once. The police tackled him as if he was wanted for a double homicide. The sandcastle is really cool, and probably takes a long time to build, so for those frat kids on Spring break- leave it be.
More Reviews (76)
- See All Vegas meets Miami
- See All Florida Marlins Baseball
- See All South Beach Parking Part II
- See All A Noisy Taste of Europe
- See All Menu Shopping
- See All The Shamrock in South Beach
HotSpotJ's Related Pages
Miami Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "South Miami Beach, Miami, Florida"
- "Decadent Holiday in Miami Beach/South Beach"
- "The Best of Miami & Miami Beach"
- "Hexe in South Beach"
- "Very Sexy Miami"
- "South Beach"
- "Lovely Miami"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Miami Beach
- Hotels in Miami Beach
- Transportation in Miami Beach
- Nightlife in Miami Beach
- Restaurants in Miami Beach
- Shopping in Miami Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Miami Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Miami Beach
- 81 Reviews
- 146 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Miami Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Miami Beach
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 81 reviews, 196 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Beach Intro, 81 reviews, 149 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Roanoke Intro, 55 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hollywood Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos
- Chicago Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 25 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blacksburg Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siesta Key Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
No friends yet.
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Ocean Drive- 14 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Little Havana- 7 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Beach- 35 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Art Tropical Deco- 21 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Lincoln Road- 11 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Vizcaya- 9 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Espanola Way- 2 Reviews, 8 Photos
- South Beach- 2 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Wolfsonian- 3 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Zoo- 1 Review
See All Miami Beach Things to Do