"Oxnard, CA" Top 5 Page for this destination Oxnard by HotSpotJ
Oxnard Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 84 photos
Oxnard California is humbly situated just south of more popular Ventura CA and to the slight west of higher end Camarillo and Thousand Oaks. You will drive through Oxnard when going North on the Pacific Coastal Highway (1) from Santa Monica. The Harbor and Beach are very nice, and well worth a stop in on your way upthe coastline.
Oxnard doesn't have a popular bar or nightlife scene as many small cities do on coastal California; this place is more of a blue collar town. Oxnards staple is its agriculture, the scenic drive through will let you cross paths with endless fields of strawberries, onions, and many other items that lead into very affordable fresh market items in the area.
Oxnards population is mainly Mexican Americans, much more than that of neighboring cities. Thus, Oxnard has some of the most authentic Mexican restaurants in Southern California. Unfortunately, there are also some small gangs here- as poverty and ignorance combined always produce stupidity- so be careful coming through certain areas at night- everything on the Coast is OK, just beware the inland "Colonia"
- Pros:Authentic Mexican, Great Beach, Gorgeous Fields
- Cons:Gangs, many don't speak English (Spanish)
- In a nutshell:Oxnard is a crazy, cool Spanish beach community
Fishermans Wharf and Channel Islands Harbor in Oxnard is an excellent place to take the family and spend a Saturday... more travel advice
Yolandas is one of the more Americanizd Mexican restaurants as far as cuisine goes, but very good all the same. The menu... more travel advice
HotSpotJ's Related Pages
Oxnard Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oxnard... My home"
- "The Finest Kind Anywhere"
- "Oxnard, CA"
- "I liked Oxnard!"
- "The Home Town"
- "Yubert's Oxnard Page"
- "IT WAS DURING WORLD WAR II...................."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oxnard
- Hotels in Oxnard
- Transportation in Oxnard
- Nightlife in Oxnard
- Restaurants in Oxnard
- Warnings and Dangers in Oxnard
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oxnard
- 11 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Oxnard?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oxnard
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 81 reviews, 194 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Beach Intro, 81 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Roanoke Intro, 55 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hollywood Intro, 34 reviews, 60 photos
- Chicago Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 25 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blacksburg Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siesta Key Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
No friends yet.