Hollywood Things to Do Tips by HotSpotJ
Hollywood Things to Do: 193 reviews and 479 photos
Staying in Hollywood on Oscar weekend was freaking amazing! Its like the epicenter of energy for the entire nation! Hollywood Blvd. is partially blocked off the week leading up to that Sunday, and by Oscar Sunday no one is gaining access by car for many, many blocks- if you don't live here or stay in a near hotel, you'll have to walk quite a ways. The clubs and restaurants are bustling that weekend, the entire area turns out to party. I saw people actually standing across the street from the red carpet at 8am Sunday morning- I went on an enjoyed the day in Santa Monica, but if you're into that, then prepare to wait quite awhile during next years Oscars.
Address: Kodak Theater
Universal Studios and, especially City Walk, is very fun for singles and families alike. You have all the fun and interests of the Studio as well as the restaurants, nightlife, and shopping of City Walk. Easy to find off the 101, parking for City Walk is $10, and everything else is to your choice- inside you'll find hotspots like BB Kings Blues restaurant, Saddle Ranch Universal, Hard Rock Cafe, Bubba Gump Shrimp, and the list goes on...
Directions: Exit 11 off the 101 and up the hill...
Lucky Strike is a very cool bowling alley right there in the Hollywood and Highland Center. Filled with Miami Art Deco-Style Neon this place rocks and is a great place to meet people 25-35 in Hollywood. They serve pretty good food here, as well, I'm personally addicted to these little potato cheesy roll things. And you can bowl and have fun. Surrounded by Hollywood sexiness. Good times.
Address: 6801 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood CA
Closest legal point to see the sign
The Hollywood sign is one of the more famous landmarks in America. Its history symbolizes the fragility of American culture, as its fallen down and been in disrepair quite a few times. It has now been taken care of for the last 2 decades, and through this it has become unaccessable- You can no longer drive above it and take photos from it. They've also made it illegal to hike up to it, though, I found a starting point on Mulholland that would make the hike a very easy one. The drive up to this point in Hollywood Hills is amazing as well, with gorgeous homes built on the hillside- all living under this famous sign.
Directions: Very tricky. Get a map at Mann's if you don't want to get lost.
If you are a tourist, The heart of Hollywood beats on Hollywood Boulevard. If you are a local, I's say Sanat Monica is my street! If you do stop in Hollywood, be sure to check out Hollywood Boulevard- and don't expect it to be as nice as, say, a Vegas Casino exterior- this Boulevard is very old and run down, but it can still be very fun and entertaining, especially with the shopping a restaurants in the Hollywood and Highland Center.
Address: Hollywood Boulevard
Walk of Fame
The Hollywood Walk of Fame is simply stars names in the sidewalk. This walk of fame isn't only on Hollywood Boulevard, it continues on other streets as well. This was a little disappointing to me, as the surrounding area wasn't as nice as you would expect when you think of the "glitz and glam" of Hollywood. There were actually alot of stars names that I wouldn't think belonged, some near B-rated celebrities. So, if you're in Hollywood, check it out, but don't let it be the highlight of your trip! I've included a link that will take you directly to the address of your favorite star below.
Address: Hollywood Boulevard
The Chinese Theater is the famous theater where the major film celebrities have made impressions of their hands and sometimes signatures in the cement leading up to the main entrance. You'll also find tons of activity outside of Graumans, as many street performers make a living by dressing up as famed movie roles, including Batman, Jack Sparrow, Edward Scissorhands, etc. Inside the Chinese Theater, you can actually see current films- it is an operable theater!
Address: 6925 Hollywood Boulevard
Phone: (323) 464-8111
More Reviews (27)
HotSpotJ's Related Pages
Hollywood Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "~Hollywood~always updating:)"
- "Hollywood? Hollyweird? Both?"
- "Seeing Stars...."
- "Perceived Hollywood- The Glamor and the Grunge"
- "Beers G-Style: Hollywood"
- "It's all about movie stars"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hollywood
- Hotels in Hollywood
- Transportation in Hollywood
- Nightlife in Hollywood
- Restaurants in Hollywood
- Shopping in Hollywood
- Warnings and Dangers in Hollywood
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hollywood
- 34 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Hollywood?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hollywood
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 81 reviews, 194 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Beach Intro, 81 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Roanoke Intro, 55 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hollywood Intro, 34 reviews, 60 photos
- Chicago Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 25 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blacksburg Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siesta Key Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
No friends yet.
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Hollywood Boulevard & The Hollywood Walk of Fame- 35 Reviews, 72 Photos
- Hollywood Bowl- 13 Reviews, 35 Photos
- Universal Studios Hollywood- 14 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Hollywood Wax Museum- 9 Reviews, 35 Photos
- TCL Chinese Theatre- 24 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Hollywood Sign- 14 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Tours- 7 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Magic Castle- 3 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour Hollywood- 3 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Dolby Theatre- 5 Reviews, 14 Photos
See All Hollywood Things to Do