"Natal Adventure 2003" Top 5 Page for this destination Natal by madvex

Natal Travel Guide: 181 reviews and 415 photos

Natal, in the Rio Grande do Norte of Brazil is located on the Northeastern Atlantic coast, just below the Caribbean, and known for its beautiful weather, clean air and expansive beaches...

With more than 44 beaches, lagoons, reefs, and natural beauty, 300 plus days of sun a year with slight ocean breezes, miles of white sand, huge dunes, and semi-equatorial weather, it's simply paradise!

A friend and I visted Natal in June 2003 from the 9th through the 20th. Although we had planned on traveling to either Fortaleza and/or Recife, we never left Natal, choosing instead to wile away our time in the festive beaches, bars and restaurants that the city has to offer. While there we stayed in both a 5 star hotel and a local pousada each for a few days and tried many different bars, nightclubs, restaurants and shops.

If you goto Natal, you should understand and at least be able to speak some Portuguese as nobody speaks English (at all!). This was the first place I've been in my life where I could speak English and noone understood a word I was saying. Kind of a role reversal of sorts for an American as usually these tables are turned. Definitely interesting! I was traveling with a friend who spoke very little portuguese and ended up being his translator for a good part of the trip. Not too bad if it's only one person, add a few more and I would have been nuts! LOL ;-)

Anyway, I've tried to relate as much helpful info. as I can here for my fellow tourists and travelers and I hope you find it useful in planning your trip to Natal.

I know I'll be returning! Enjoy!

• Pros:Beautiful weather, beaches, people - SUPER CHEAP!
  • Cons:street kids wanting money every day at the strip along Ponta Negra Beach - No Absolute Vodka in bars ;-)
  • In a nutshell:The Absolute Best weather and One of the Most Beautiful and Exotic Locations I've ever visited!
  • Last visit to Natal: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 29, 2003

• Mar 20, 2006 at 11:55 PM

Many many happy returns of the day . Wishing you a happy birthday . Greetings from India. Great page and tips.

• nomada's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2006 at 12:30 PM

Looks cool. Going soon. Thanks.

• Quero's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2004 at 10:31 PM

Some of your Natal tips have found their way into my "custom travel guide," so many thanks for sharing your experiences :-)

• Aquamantos's Profile Photo