"Merida - Laid back and surrounded by beauty" Estado Mérida by joernme
Estado Mérida Travel Guide: 152 reviews and 482 photos
One of the 2 weeks in Venezuela we only spent in Merida. That is a really relaxed place, temperatures and tempers some sympathetic degrees cooler than in the rest of Venezuela. Merida is surrounded by great scenery, featuring some of the highest peaks of the Andes. From nearly every place in town you can see the mountains like Mt. Humboldt, rising some 5 km into the mostly blue sky. As Merida is a university city there is some nice pubs and dancing places in town, atmosphere is nice. You can do great hikes in every direction and will never be disappointed.
It's on the way to Apartaderos. We ended there hopping on a pick up truck after a long hike and the driver went to... more travel advice
Take one of the cars waiting at the plaza at Tabay and ride with the locals (who will hop off at one of the houses or... more travel advice
joernme's Related Pages
Estado Mérida Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Merida - Laid back and surrounded by beauty"
- "A pleasant enough town"
- "Visiting Merida"
- "Discover Merida, Venezuela"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estado Mérida
- Hotels in Estado Mérida
- Transportation in Estado Mérida
- Nightlife in Estado Mérida
- Restaurants in Estado Mérida
- Shopping in Estado Mérida
- Warnings and Dangers in Estado Mérida
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estado Mérida
- 10 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Estado Mérida?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estado Mérida
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bremen Intro, 28 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Pedro de Atacama Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chile Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Estado Mérida Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Andalucía Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Mendoza Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Lauca Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Paris Intro, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Región Metropolitana de Santiago Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos