"SCL to Mendoza by Bus - Great Nature Cinema" Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Mendoza by joernme

Provincia de Mendoza Travel Guide: 568 reviews and 1,434 photos

One of the best bus rides in the world

After exactly 3 months in Chile my visa ended, so I had to leave and enter the country once to get another 3 months. The cheapest way to do that is taking the bus to Mendoza, Argentina. My colleagues at BASF told me to do this trip and the male ones added jealously that the Argentinian women would be so much more attractive than the Chilean ones (Hey, chilean ladies, this is not true btw!).

Anyway, I went and was overwhelmed by the scenery that was streaming into my eyes, senses and soul. This was probably the most silent bus trip in my life as I just stared outside the window and tried to close my wide open mouth from time to time (probably that was the reason why the trip was so silent - I must have looked so stupid....)

Being so consumed by the beauty and changes of nature I almost forgot to take some pics and the few I put here can't copy reality well enough at all.

In Mendoza city itself I only stayed 3 nights, but liked the city a lot, too. Seeing so many new buildings, new cars, new whatevers in fastly developing Chile it was a contrast programme to see that Argentina has had all this already many years ago, but now was only maintaining houses as good as possible, maintaining cars so that they still would run but in any case maintaining the pride of a grand nation with a rich history. Let's hope the latest political developments help this nice people to get away from poverty soon.

• Pros:Bus ride SCL-Mendoza, city parks, wine, climate
  • In a nutshell:A city worth a visit and a great base for province exploration
  • Last visit to Provincia de Mendoza: Apr 1996
  • Intro Updated Dec 15, 2003

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2005 at 3:29 AM

More interesting stuff. I thought the tears in your eyes might be from the smog, not the scenery!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2005 at 5:49 AM

Very interesting photos! I agree, that ride through the Andes is totally amazing!!

• Orkaena's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2004 at 6:14 PM

Tus tips acerca de Mendoza son precisos, y tienes buen "ojo" para analizar las cosas. Pero, aprendiste tan buen espaniol en Chile o lo estudiaste en Alemania? Como sea, tu pagina es muy util. Gracias

• babar_1's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2004 at 2:35 AM

Very interesting page of an interesting destination. I like the scenes :)

• Beach_dog's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2004 at 3:03 PM

If you ever find you have just a little too much wine.... I could help you ;0)) Great scenery on from the bus, nice page Joern.

joernme

“This is the most exciting planet I've ever been to!”

Badges & Stats in Provincia de Mendoza

Have you been to Provincia de Mendoza?