"Choroni - Chill it out" Top 5 Page for this destination Choroní by joernme

Choroní Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 165 photos

After the great week in Merida we wanted to chill out a few days on a relaxed beach. It seemed backpackers in Venezuela make their beach choice between 4 beaches only - Morrocoy, Choroni, Colorada or Medina. We decided for Choroni and it was good (ain't saying anything else would not have been). The bus ride was fantastic. More on the edge of death than on the edge of life it is a adventouros 2 hrs ride from Maracay. I was getting almost sick on the ride but the views helped to forget about that a bit. In the end we came to Choroni, far off at the end of the road. A small colonial style village with nice houses and a really chilled atmosphere. Some few backpackers here and some stranded Gringos and Europeans, lost in their escape from whatever realities without finding real happiness (you know the type...) The beach is fantastic though, so many coco palmtrees that we only spent the day swimming, reading and cracking coconuts.

• Last visit to Choroní: Dec 2002
  • Intro Written Nov 26, 2003

• cheesecake17's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2005 at 6:52 AM

yeah , i beat you did not mind much for that "block view"...;)......ahahaha

• dfactor's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2005 at 11:23 PM

nice profile pic. very artistic. I'm surprise with ur site on Choroni. It only takes 3 General Tips for you be on the Top 5. I've about 20 Tips on my Angkor Wat and I'm not even on the Top 10.

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2004 at 11:22 AM

I like your description of this being a place to escape from whatever reality...

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2004 at 3:28 PM

A chill out place indeed! Nice stuff as usual.

• manuelEB's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2004 at 10:59 PM

Good view of locals assets!!!

joernme

“This is the most exciting planet I've ever been to!”

Badges & Stats in Choroní

Have you been to Choroní?

Latest Activity in Choroní