"Vis - A jewel in the Adriatic Sea" Top 5 Page for this destination Vis by kia81

Vis Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 192 photos

Vis - the island of my heart

In June 2004 I came back to Vis with my boyfriend after 14 years.
My first time in Vis was in 1990 when I was only 9 years old and it was also my last time in Croatia before the war that started some months later.

Even if I was only a child I ripromised to come back there one day as I was very impressed of the wild beauty of the Island, infact Vis was a military base and was open to tourism in 1989, only one year before my first visit ... I have to admit that the Island has changed a lot from 1990, there are a lot of sailing boats in the small port of Vis, many more restaurants and also some pubs, while before the war it was almost deserted!

Maybe it has lost part of its charm, but it still remains a wonderful island with untouched nature, great beaches and sea and with a particular atmosphere that makes you feel like you are on a secret island and makes you taste a pure sensation of freedom!

• Pros:The most crystal-clear water in the Adriatic
  • Cons:Visit Vis now, before too much tourists discover it!
  • In a nutshell:Crystal-clear water, great beaches and beautiful villages
  • Last visit to Vis: Jun 2004
  • Intro Written Sep 16, 2004

• y2ketan2007's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2007 at 8:31 AM

Superb travel page on Vis.I did not know about this city until now.Great pictures too.Thanks for sharing.

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2007 at 10:13 AM

Davvero una bella isola e i tuoi tip sono molto interessanti!

• Feb 13, 2005 at 9:58 AM

Oh, Vis stole my heart too. Two trips were not enough. Of all of our travels, this island is home to me. Thanks for sharing your experiences and beautiful photos.Best, Mary

• tak_pap's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2004 at 8:12 AM

great place and photos - well done !

kia81

“"Le cose belle sono vicine a Dio, e' per questo che sono pericolose"( J.Egan)”

Badges & Stats in Vis