"Vis - A jewel in the Adriatic Sea" Top 5 Page for this destination Vis by kia81
Vis Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 192 photos
In June 2004 I came back to Vis with my boyfriend after 14 years.
My first time in Vis was in 1990 when I was only 9 years old and it was also my last time in Croatia before the war that started some months later.
Even if I was only a child I ripromised to come back there one day as I was very impressed of the wild beauty of the Island, infact Vis was a military base and was open to tourism in 1989, only one year before my first visit ... I have to admit that the Island has changed a lot from 1990, there are a lot of sailing boats in the small port of Vis, many more restaurants and also some pubs, while before the war it was almost deserted!
Maybe it has lost part of its charm, but it still remains a wonderful island with untouched nature, great beaches and sea and with a particular atmosphere that makes you feel like you are on a secret island and makes you taste a pure sensation of freedom!
- Pros:The most crystal-clear water in the Adriatic
- Cons:Visit Vis now, before too much tourists discover it!
- In a nutshell:Crystal-clear water, great beaches and beautiful villages
Konoba Bako is situated in the town of Komiza, close by the sea. Here you can enjoy the traditional seafood, fish... more travel advice
When I was in Vis, I loved most of all have a walk in Kut every afternoon at the sunrise... It was very relaxing walking... more travel advice
kia81's Related Pages
Vis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Planet Vis"
- "Vis, Croatia"
- "Vis, Croatia"
- "Vis - A jewel in the Adriatic Sea"
- "Otok Vis"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vis
- Hotels in Vis
- Transportation in Vis
- Nightlife in Vis
- Restaurants in Vis
- Shopping in Vis
- Warnings and Dangers in Vis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vis
- 8 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Vis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vis
- updated a Vis Travel Page "Vis - A jewel in the Adriatic Sea"
- Posted in Travel Berlin Forum "Re: Turkish Market Maybachufer"
- Commented on one of mircaskirca's Vis travel pages
- Wrote a Review Fresh fish in a konobA that reminds you the past in Vis Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fresh fish in a konobA that reminds you the past"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Kerkyra (Corfu) Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vis Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Naxos Island Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Hvar Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parc Naturel Régional de Camargue Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Otok Korcula Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Milos Island Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Paros Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valencia Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Matala Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos