"Puglia - The best of the southern Italy" Top 5 Page for this destination Puglia by kia81

Puglia Travel Guide: 465 reviews and 1,254 photos

A brief introduction...

As I have seen that few people has a page in VT dedicated to Puglia, I would like to show the beauty of this region of Southern Italy that I use to visit almost every year as my boyfriend's dad come from Rutigliano, a small town of this beautiful region.
I hope you will enjoy my pages...Puglia is full of everything: crystal clear seawater, wonderful sandy beaches, caves like Castellana, very nice villages by the see and wondeful cities full of history such as Bari, Lecce and Otranto, National Parks and Protected areas like Gargano, some of the best dishes of Italian traditon, a lot of wineyards and I could do a never ending list....
I hope that my pages will impress you and that you will visit these places in your next trip to Italy!

• Pros:Wonderful beaches and sea, nice people, wonderful towns
  • Cons:Too hot during the summer!!!
  • In a nutshell:According to me, it's one of the most beautiful region of Italy
  • Last visit to Puglia: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Jul 11, 2006

• BritwenchUSA's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2007 at 4:44 PM

Hi Kia - Thanks for the tips on Puglia. I am planning a trip to bring my mom to where her parents are from, Grumo Apulla in Bari. All this information is awesome. Thanks again, Phyllis

• MichaelFalk1969's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2007 at 8:46 AM

We are going to Puglia in August(I cross my fingers it will not be too hot) and we are both greatly looking forward to this (if Ostuni is just half as nice as everyone says). Cant wait to get there!

• sulla's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2007 at 5:36 PM

you're photos are very convincing, I think i will just have to make the trip in July already. you say its too hot in the summer, so what's too hot? :-)

• Don12's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2007 at 5:29 PM

Inspiring words and pictures...we are coming to stay in a Trullo in May and look forward to a week of walking and the best Italian food and wine...thanks and best wishes

kia81 Visits Here Frequently!

kia81

“"Le cose belle sono vicine a Dio, e' per questo che sono pericolose"( J.Egan)”

Badges & Stats in Puglia