"Hey, Oh...Let's go!! Jump in Kia's world!" kia81's Profile

My personality

I'm an Italian girl of 26 years and...I'm a dreamer...My friends call me hippy, because of some of my behaviours...like put flowers in my hairs, look at the stars, speak to the animals and because sometimes I buy in the markets the typical shirts of 60's.
My favourite hobby is photography , I have attended also a course and I hope that my photos have improved!!
But more important than the technique there is your heart: before pressing the buttom of your photo camera (rigorously a manual reflex)you have to take a photo with your heart, feel the beauty of the nature in your blood!
I like nature, I love punk and ska music but most of all I love reading and travelling.
I'm the "red" girl of this photo and my husband is on the left!...

The other people are my best friends and we are in Hvar Island, Croatia (summer 2003).
They are totally crazy and together we always have a lot of fun!
I love you guys!!!

Me and my husband

In this photo you can see me and my ex-boyfriend, Stefano. Ex...because now we are married!!!
We met in 1999 and I immediately fell in love with him, but he had another girlfriend.
I had to wait almost a year before catching him!!
Now It's more than 7 years that we are in love and as he is from Bergamo and I was from Legnano we used to move every week end...one week end he came to Milan, the week end after I went to Bergamo...and so we had a double life: double friends and double places where to spend our free time!
We both love to travel and together we went to Austria, Croatia, Venice, Trento, Bolzano, Camargue South of Italy, Greece, in Czech Republic and in Liguria (le 5 Terre).
In September 2006 we bought a flat in Bergamo, so I moved from my city to join my love and make a family together!
In June 2006 (on 30th) we got married at the town hall of Bergamo...It was a wonderful day with 100 people just for us!!! 50 were friend...so you can imagine how funny was that day!!!!

My travels...

As I have already explained, I like travelling and my favourite place is Croatia in general.
Before the war in ex Jugoslavia started, I used to go there every summer with my parents and now that fortunately the war is over I have came back three times...last one was August 2007 and I'm sure it won't be the last one. According to me there's no such beutiful places like the Dalmatian Islands.
However I have been also in Ireland and England to attend english courses and in Austria for an exchange when I was at school.
I have visited also Camargue region in France, Barcelona with my parents, I spent several holidays in Greece (Cycladi, Crete and Corfù) that is a wonderful country with lovely people and great food!!
I visited also Germany (the South) and Prague...and last but not least Mexicooooooo!!!for our honeymoon...we went on tour for a week (Yucatan, Campeche and Chiapas) and then 1 week in Playa del Carmen..

The next travels will be:

- Valencia (in March 2008)
- Istanbul or Germany on the road in May or June 2008
- and probably a holiday on boat the next August (Croatia or Corsica or Greece...we have not decided yet!

My Austrian "twin"

As explained above, I made a cultural exchange organized by my school with a technical school in Austria.
From 1999 I have an Austrian "twin", she is Simone and is 25 years old too.
The first to make the exchange was me in April 1999 and in October of the same year was Simone that came to visit me.
She is from Vocklabruck but he is living in Salzburg since 2002, she lived for a year in London, but she is back!What a interesting life!Mine is quite boring compared to her!
We have been keeping in contact for all these years and after the exchange we have met twice!
SIMONE, COME TO ITALY AGAIN!!

My family

This is my family!
My dad Aleardo is on the left and my mother Silvana on the right...in the middle there is my crazy aunt Pierangela!
In this photo we are in Innsbruck for the Christkindlmarkt and there was also my uncle Ennio but in that moment was probably near some sweet-stall eating a Strudel or drinking Gluhwein!

RECENT TRIPS

During 2007 I have been engaged in preparing my wedding and both money and time were missing to do short trips or long week-end aroung Europe or even Italy. But in July I had my first great experience outside Europe: I went to Mexico!!! We visited Chichen Itza, Merida, Uxmal, Umam, Campeche, Palenque, waterfalls of Agua Azul, San Cristobal de las Casas, Zinancantan, san Juan Chamula, Canyon of Sumidero and then 1 week in Playa del Carmen where we didn't stop going aroung (Xel Ha, Xca-Cel, Tulum and Playa Paraiso and other beautiful beaches).
In August we went 10 days with some friends in Croatia, we came back to Korcula Island...my beloved Croatia!!! It's always a nice experience to come back there!
Finally, during Christmas holidays, me and my husband left from Bergamo without any destination...and then we arrived in Tuscany...so we decided to visit for a couple of days San Gimignano: very very nice!
That's all for 2007!!!

RECENT AND FUTURE TRIPS..

- February 2008: on the snow for 1 day in Montecampione (BS) - Italy;
- March 2008: in Valencia for 3 days with some of my best friends (Valentina and Roberta)...we had a lot of fun there and our feet were destroyed!
- June: me and my husband are planning 5 days in Istanbul..one of the place of my "Wish list"...eh, eh...
- August...still not clear exactly where...but we think Greece again!

L'ANGOLO DELLA RICETTA DI CHIARA E ORIETTA

As Orietta (http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/bdaa0/) has already explained in her VT homepage, we had the idea of this "Cooking Corner" when talking about our hobbies we found that we both love cooking. We will write in both our pages one of our favourite recipe and we will change it every month. Great, isn't it??

My recipe of this month is "LAVANDA BISCUITS":

Ingredients: 125 gr of butter, 100 gr of sugar, 200gr of flour, 1 egg, 1 big spoon of dry lavanda's flowers, 1 little spoon of yest for sweets, a pinch of salt, 1 or 2 spoon of honey (better if thyme honey or other aromatic ones)

Preparation: mix the butter (when it's became soft) with the sugar, the egg (already beated), the flour, the lavanda's flowers, the yest and the pinch of salt.

Amalgamate and in the case the mixture is too much liquid add some flour. After that, roll out the mixture with the rolling-pin and cut many biscuits with different forms as you prefer (I have done stars and hearts).
Now cook the biscuits in the oven already pre-heated at 180°C (celsius) for 20 minutes.

They are so fragrant and scented!!! all your kitchen will be scented of lavanda for the whole day!

• Intro Updated Apr 2, 2008

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
kia81's Profile Photo

kia81

“"Le cose belle sono vicine a Dio, e' per questo che sono pericolose"( J.Egan)”

Real Name