"Laurie's Travels" Laurie_78's Profile

Summer 2001

In the summer of 2001, my boyfriend (now husband) Richard and I travelled to the west coast of Canada. We spent time in Vancouver, BC, then rented a car and drove up through the Rocky Mountains, across to Alberta, then down through the Mountains, and back to Vancouver. It was a very beautiful trip. The Mountains were more beautiful then I ever could have imagined.

Highlights:
- We took in 2 concerts, Coldplay and Radiohead... both were great!
- Bus ride up onto a huge glacier in Jasper.
- Whitewater rafting and horseback riding in Banff.

May 2002

In May of 2002, Richard and I travelled to Altanta, Georga, USA. The main purpose of the trip was to see Paul McCartney in his Driving USA tour. We stayed in the Omni Center Hotel which was awesome because it is actually in the same building that houses the CNN Center and the Philips Arena where the concert was held. The hotel was also over looking the Centenial Olympic Park which was beautiful.

Highlights:
- Paul McCartney of course!!
- The rings at Centinial Olympic Park - they are actually on the ground and water fountains spring up from them in various patterns. In the daytime little kids would be running through them constantly.
- World of Coca-Cola (which was founded in Atlanta). Surprisingly amusing!

February 2003

Just this past February Richard and I won an all inclusive vacation to the Dominican Republic. We stayed in Puerta Plata, at the newly opened Superclub Breezes.

I had always been of the mindset that if I was going to spend the $$ to vacation then I wanted to go places where I could spend my time travelling. However, I now see why so many people go this route in vacationing. It was great! Completely different than previous vacations, but equally as enjoyable... and of course very relaxing.

Highlights:
- the food!! The resort had four specialty resturants (French, Italian, Mexican and Japanese).
- the sun. Something we only get to see for about two months here. February is a great time to go to the Domincan as temperatures are warm, but comfortable.
- the Market. We made 2 trips into town to visit the market on the beach. Great deals on artwork!!

October 2003

Richard and I were married on Thanksgiving weekend and were on a plane for our honeymoon in less than 48 hours.

It took us almost two full days to get to Sydney, Australia, where we stayed for 6 nights in a rented condo. From our livingroom window we could see across the harbour to the opera house and the bridge. The view alone was worth the trip!

Sydney highlights:
- Torango Zoo
- Darling Harbour
- World Cup Rugby Match (Ireland vs. Nambia)
- Just riding the public ferry around the harbour!

We then rented a car and drove from Sydney up the NSW coast. We spent a night in the Hunter Valley, a night in Coff's Habour, two nights in Byron Bay, and a night in Port Stephen's, before heading back to Sydney to catch our flight to New Zealand.

NSW highlights:
- Wine tour in the Hunter Valley
- Pet Porpoise Pool in Coff's Harbour
- Relaxed atmosphere and great beaches in Byron Bay
** Planned activites in Port Stephen's had to be cancelled due to weather.

We then flew from Sydney to Christchurch, NZ. Our trip in New Zealand was arranged by Tourmasters, and took us to Dunedin for a night, two nights in Te Anau, a night in the Milford Sound, 2 nights in Queenstown, a stop at Mount Cook and then a night in Christchurch before flying home.

New Zealand highlights:
- Elm Wildlife Tour in Dunedin
- Glow worm cave tour in Te Anau
- Overnight Cruise in the Milford Sound (outstanding)
- Dart River Safari in Queenstown

March 2004

On March 4th, Richard and I traveled to New Orleans where we spent two nights before departing on a 7 night Royal Caribbean Cruise of the western Caribbean.

New Orleans was an experience for sure, especially the night spent on Bourbon Street.

We cruised on the Royal Carribbean Grandeur of the Seas, which was great!

Our cruise had us make stops in Cozumel, Mexico; Grand Caymen, Caymen Islands; and Costa Maya, Mexico.

The highlights of the cruise included:
- Swimming with stingrays and snorkling on the corel reef in Grand Caymen!
- Hanging out on the beaches of Mexico.
- Formal dinners after long days of excursions.

June/July 2005

In June, Richard and I travelled to Barcelona, Spain and spent two nights there before departing on another Royal Carribbean cruise. This time we did the western Meditteranian cruise for 7 nights which had us visiting Villafranche and Marsielle, France; Monte Carlo, Monaco; Pisa, Florance and Rome and Naples, Italy; and the Vatican City. We departed the cruise a after Naples rather than sailing back to Barcelona, and caught a flight to London where we stayed for 3 nights and took in the Live 8 Concert in Hyde Park. Finally we flew to Amsterdam for 3 nights before returning home.

This was an amazing trip!

Highlights included:
- hitting the bars for a night out in Barcelona
- gambling in Monte Carlo
- visiting the ruins of Pompeii, Italy
- Live 8 (Pink Floyd Reunion)
- cool coffee shops in Amsterdam
- seeing the countryside in Holland

Upcoming in 2008 - Hawaii

• Intro Updated Jul 11, 2007

• Sep 11, 2003 at 5:43 AM

Welcome to VT..Please continue..awaiting more..

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2003 at 7:02 AM

You're coming a long way for your honeymoon, aren't you? Please email me if you need any help at all.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!

Laurie_78

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.