"My extremely short first stay in Switzerland" Top 5 Page for this destination Samnaun by Anjutka

Samnaun Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 118 photos

Samnaun was the only chance for me to visit Switzerland in summer 2004. Normally it had not been possible because I held only a Schengen visa with multiple entries. It was good to visit most of Europe, from Iceland to Greece and from Finland to Portugal. Only Switzerland was off limits for me. It is strange, this country is together with Liechtenstein completely surrounded by "Schengen" countries and Switzerland has already negotiations to join the Schengen agreement, too. But since the road from Austria enters the duty free area of Samnaun without passing a Swiss customs checkpoint I could enter it. The Swiss checkpoint is some km further upstream at the river Inn in Martina. And the Austrians only checked whether I am authorized to enter the Schengen area when I came back from there. I did all this only because my friend Lothar, living less than one hour drive from there took this short sidetrip from the way over the Reschen pass in order to fill up the car with the cheaper duty free fuel there.

• Last visit to Samnaun: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 22, 2007

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Stumbled over your pages through Samnaun, where I was as a child. You are doing a great job on VT ... wonderful pages! Greets from Arnhem, Paul

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2008 at 9:50 PM

Was tut man nicht alles für ein bischen billigen Benzin heutzutage... ;~) DAS hatte ich schon 2007 geschrieben und HEUTE ist dieser Satz leider aktueller als je zuvor !

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2005 at 5:51 AM

...but with your actual visa you can see all of Swiitzerland...

Anjutka

“per aspera ad astra”

Badges & Stats in Samnaun

Have you been to Samnaun?

Photos in Samnaun