"Neuschwanstein and Linderhof" Schloss Neuschwanstein by Anjutka
Schloss Neuschwanstein Travel Guide: 251 reviews and 793 photos
Since I was half of the summer 2004 in and around Telfs I wanted also to see Neuschwanstein which seems to be the German dream destination for almost all Russians. The setting of this castle in the nice pre-Alpine landscape makes it worth the trip.
It took us one and a half hour to drive from Telfs to Schwangau near Fuessen, just across the Austrian-German border, the village consisting mainly of huge overprized parkings, toilets, some hotels and the ticket office for the castles Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau. The whole Neuschwanstein is done in about three hours, including the walk up and down and the queing up for the entrance and the 35 minutes tour through the castle. So it was time enough to visit after it also the not so far Linderhof which is reached from Neuschwanstein on a nice and picturesque road.
- Pros:perfectly placed at the nicest pre-Alpine spot of Bavaria
- Cons:The most intense concentration of Kitsch in the world
- In a nutshell:Maybe nevertheless worth a visit just for that
This is the castle near the ticket office where you get the tickets for both castles. Hohenschwangau was existing at... more travel advice
There are maybe only few tourist traps around the world as perfect as Neuschwanstein. You can see the great setting of... more travel advice
Anjutka's Related Pages
Schloss Neuschwanstein Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of the most beautiful places on the Earth!"
- "The masterpiece of a mystic man"
- "The fairy Tale castles"
- "The dream castle of King Ludwig"
- "Once upon a time.... Neuschwanstein Castle"
- "Ludvig II of Bavaria - the "mad" king of swans"
- "Welcome to magic world of Ludwig II"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Hotels in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Transportation in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Nightlife in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Restaurants in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Shopping in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Warnings and Dangers in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- 9 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Schloss Neuschwanstein?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- updated a Schloss Neuschwanstein Travel Page "Neuschwanstein and Linderhof"
- Wrote a Review Hohenschwangau about Marienbrücke - Mary's Bridge in Schloss Neuschwanstein Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hohenschwangau"
- Posted in Travel Finland Forum "RE: RE: How to come by Public..."
- Commented on one of globetrott's Schloss Neuschwanstein travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Graz Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krems an der Donau Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Finland Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Vipiteno Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petrozavodsk Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tula Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Meran Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue