"My finnish experience" Finland by Anjutka
Finland Travel Guide: 9,566 reviews and 21,841 photos
Finland never meant something special for me. As I was born in Karelia, north-west of Russia, the land of thousands lakes and forests, the finnish landscape coudnt surprise me. But after having spent there quite a lot of time, I just fell in love with Finland.
I went to Finland not for holidays, I was working there, picking up strawberries. My company was 14 different girls. We got up in the morning at the same time, spent hours together on the strawberry fields in the heat and under the rain, dreaming of coming back to our cosy house and taking a sleep, had adventures in a village nearby, exploring surroundings and went hitchhiking around Finland. No one day was boring! Now we are far away from each other, but I hope to see you all again one day!!! It was just great!
I would like to say special "spasibo" to our finnish friend Jaakko, who was our personal photographer and driver. He was looking for a russian wife and this way found our girls' company one day. He came to us almost every day, even if he was living about 60 km from our place. He drove us around, showing surroundings and fed us with finnish sweets:-) Oh...I can tell more...:-)
- Pros:Nature, sauna, music, peace, you are alone in the forest and in the lake!:-)
- Cons:May be too quiet for people who likes partying
- In a nutshell:The place where you feel just great
As Finland is the land of lakes, boats are really popular there. Almost everybody in Finland has its own boat, it is... more travel advice
This disco pub is extremely popular in Vesanto, especially in summer time... It is a nice place to have fun with... more travel advice
Anjutka's Related Pages
Finland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Finland - about stereotypes and uniqueness"
- "Tales from the Thousand Lakes"
- "It is never too hot in Finland"
- "Fin de Lande"
- "IMPORTANT FINLAND FACTS"
- "Finland, it is quite fine land, may I say"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Finland
- Hotels in Finland
- Transportation in Finland
- Nightlife in Finland
- Restaurants in Finland
- Shopping in Finland
- Warnings and Dangers in Finland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Finland
- 13 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Finland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Finland
Top 10 Pages
- Lago di Garda Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Graz Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krems an der Donau Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Finland Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Vipiteno Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petrozavodsk Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tula Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Meran Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue