"My finnish experience" Finland by Anjutka

Finland Travel Guide: 9,566 reviews and 21,841 photos

Unforgettable time in Suomi

Finland never meant something special for me. As I was born in Karelia, north-west of Russia, the land of thousands lakes and forests, the finnish landscape coudnt surprise me. But after having spent there quite a lot of time, I just fell in love with Finland.

Strawberry fields forever...

I went to Finland not for holidays, I was working there, picking up strawberries. My company was 14 different girls. We got up in the morning at the same time, spent hours together on the strawberry fields in the heat and under the rain, dreaming of coming back to our cosy house and taking a sleep, had adventures in a village nearby, exploring surroundings and went hitchhiking around Finland. No one day was boring! Now we are far away from each other, but I hope to see you all again one day!!! It was just great!

Our finnish man

I would like to say special "spasibo" to our finnish friend Jaakko, who was our personal photographer and driver. He was looking for a russian wife and this way found our girls' company one day. He came to us almost every day, even if he was living about 60 km from our place. He drove us around, showing surroundings and fed us with finnish sweets:-) Oh...I can tell more...:-)

• Pros:Nature, sauna, music, peace, you are alone in the forest and in the lake!:-)
  • Cons:May be too quiet for people who likes partying
  • In a nutshell:The place where you feel just great
  • Last visit to Finland: Jul 2007

Apr 17, 2009 at 3:30 AM

lOVELY TIPS aNNA

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2009 at 7:33 AM

The Grilling looks great! Enjoyed Finland as well, but did not get to do the sauna! Just a lot of walking....Greetings from Arizona, Norman :)

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2008 at 12:26 PM

hier kann man sehen, warum die finnischen Erdbeeren so extra-süss schmecken : weil sie von so süssen jungen Damen gepflückt werden !!! ,~)

• Khalid_eg's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2006 at 5:14 AM

Great page, wonderful updates.. sooooo cute gurls ;).. who's single from the group :-P

• jamiesno's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2004 at 5:31 PM

Hi Anna, you have a thing for relaxing and saunas, hehehe. The lake looks fun and sun bathing of course, :-) Cheers!

• tak_pap's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2004 at 7:51 AM

Finnish sauna ! wow ! great site and photos

• sinoda's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2004 at 8:49 AM

hmmmmm....? which one would be you Anna? can't make you out! do you have any close ups on that sun bathing tip picture = ] s

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2004 at 8:42 AM

It is nice to connect a summer job to get cash with lots of great fun under much of the time. So even such a job can become a sorts of holiday - with beach and sauna..

• AndyRG's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2004 at 4:30 AM

Finnish strawberries are maybe better... And beach volley for sure, Anna!

Anjutka

“per aspera ad astra”

Badges & Stats in Finland

Have you been to Finland?

Latest Activity in Finland