"Wachau" Top 5 Page for this destination Krems an der Donau by Anjutka

Krems an der Donau Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 269 photos

Great River and Great Wines

I had liked to call this page "Wachau" which is the name of the valley of the Donau (Danube in English) between Melk and Krems. But in VT database Wachau is a totally unknown place in Germany's Far East in Saxony. Because Krems is the biggest town in the area I call the page after it. If you want to see more pics and excellent descriptions of the various places here see Globetrott's pages on Melk, Krems, Duernstein, Aggstein etc.
My visit here was rather short, on the way back "home" from Vienna and an overnight stop in Strass im Strassertale, only 10 km from Krems where we had a great wine tasting.

• Pros:A wonderful composition of landscape and history
  • Cons:??
  • In a nutshell:One of the "musts" in Austria
  • Last visit to Krems an der Donau: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 14, 2005

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2009 at 3:34 AM

Hello, Anna! You were blessed to travel a lot!

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2008 at 10:06 AM

Privet Anna! Lovely page, enjoyed reading your tips and looking at your pictures. Happy Birthday from Finland!

• y2ketan2007's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2007 at 4:06 AM

You have captured everything nice about Austria here .I just love this tiny country !

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2007 at 7:14 AM

Nice to see your Krems-page growing step by step ! guter Hotel-tip, und noch dazu Nichtraucherhotel !!

• aGaby's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2006 at 7:50 AM

nice page !

• morgenhund's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2005 at 5:22 PM

Good tips on Krems! The Wachau is an area that I still need to discover properly - although I have been Vienna based for over 5 years. Mike

• Tugboatguy's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2005 at 2:34 PM

Beautiful pictures, and a very , very fetching pose an der Donau. Your smart tips on wine could keep many travelers out of deep trouble.

• MEdelmann's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2005 at 1:17 PM

Great to read that you enjoyed the wines of Austria - by the way, I am the producer of the Zweigelt you enjoyed with Lothar ... Krems is a wonderful town, I spent about a year there when I went to viticultural school.

• Schnorf's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2005 at 5:56 AM

Great page and speciallz nice pictures, I like it very much

• matthieuxjames's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2005 at 11:06 PM

The valley of dusk was filled with a silver-grey fragrance, like the moon seeping through clouds. But it wasn't night. The silver-grey fragrance of the dark valley caused my sleepy thoughts to blur, and silently I sank... ~ Hugo von Hofmannsthal, Austria

Anjutka

“per aspera ad astra”

Badges & Stats in Krems an der Donau

Have you been to Krems an der Donau?

Latest Activity in Krems an der Donau