"Brixen (Bressanone), Tirol's former Bishop's seat" Top 5 Page for this destination Bressanone by Anjutka
Bressanone Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 92 photos
Coming from the North via the Brenner pass through a rough and rather cold landscape passing the narrow and dark valley of the Eisack river the landscape suddenly opens and sunny slopes are covered by wineyards and apple plantations. The temperature is suddenly much higher and the bottom of the now wide valley is filled by a town with a medieval (late Gothic) old centre and typical 19th century Austrian houses in nice green gardens around.
The mountains surrounding that have all soft and gentle forms but the exciting Dolomites are only one small side valley away.
- Pros:picturesque city
- Cons:expensive, as all of South Tirol
- In a nutshell:a pleasant stop on the route over the Brenner pass
This is a small and rather little visited area in the Geisler group but just east of itabove the Würzjoch is the... more travel advice
Anjutka's Related Pages
Bressanone Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bressanone:A nice,old town in a beautiful area"
- "Bressanone / Brixen - ancient alpine beauty"
- "Brixen (Bressanone), Tirol's former Bishop's seat"
- "Beautiful Sud Tirol -- Our new favorite place"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bressanone
- Hotels in Bressanone
- Transportation in Bressanone
- Restaurants in Bressanone
- Shopping in Bressanone
- Warnings and Dangers in Bressanone
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bressanone
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Bressanone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bressanone
Top 10 Pages
- Lago di Garda Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Graz Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krems an der Donau Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Finland Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Vipiteno Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petrozavodsk Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tula Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Meran Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue