"Pfitscher Joch - a pleasant hike" Vipiteno by Anjutka
Vipiteno Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 54 photos
The name (Sterzing/Vipiteno) of the location might be somewhat misleading because all the hike was about 30 - 35 km away and 1500 m above this place but I could not find any other suitable place in the VT database.
It was a wonderful late Summer day and the hike itself was short and easy and I can only highly recommend this area for more activities like this one.
The Pfitscher Joch is a pass connecting the Pfitschertal with the Schlegeisgrund, a side valley of the famous Zillertal. Since 1919 it is the nowadays quite meaningless Austrian/Italian frontier. It was always used as a secondary route to connect these two valleys on foot or maybe even with load carrying horses. After South Tirol became Italian in 1919 a military road was built from the inner Pfitschertal up to the frontier at the pass where already decades earlier a mountain lodge was built as a shelter for alpinists.
- Pros:A nice area, not very crowded
- Cons:don't know
- In a nutshell:A good base for nice scenic hikes
On the lower part of the hike you can find blueberries. The fact that you find plenty of them just two meters from the... more travel advice
It was interesting for me (I studied also Norwegian language and literature and Norway is one of my favourite countries)... more travel advice
Anjutka's Related Pages
Vipiteno Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pfitscher Joch - a pleasant hike"
- "Vipiteno - Best place ever visited"
- "Still in Italy but feeling like in Austria"
- "A little town"
- "First Town South of the Brenner Pass"
- "Christmas Period in Vipiteno"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vipiteno
- Hotels in Vipiteno
- Transportation in Vipiteno
- Restaurants in Vipiteno
- Shopping in Vipiteno
- Warnings and Dangers in Vipiteno
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vipiteno
- 12 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Vipiteno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vipiteno
- Wrote a Review Perfect Alpine and Mediterranean Combination in Vipiteno Restaurants
- Posted in Travel Finland Forum "RE: RE: How to come by Public..."
- updated a Vipiteno Travelogue "some impressions from the hike"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Blueberries on the lower part of the hike"
- Commented on one of RhineRoll's Vipiteno travel pages
Photos in VipitenoSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Lago di Garda Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Graz Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krems an der Donau Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Finland Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Vipiteno Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petrozavodsk Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tula Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Meran Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue