"The Longest Castle in Europe" Burghausen by Anjutka
Burghausen Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 32 photos
Many famous castles consist of not much more than a tower and a wall around it, all together about maybe 30 meters in diameter but this here is one km and 43 meters long above a much smaller old city. The modern Burghausen of course is much bigger than that and mostly north of it and well known for its chemical industries.
- In a nutshell:A symbiosis of history and chemistry
All the old city - stretching between the Castle and the Salzach river - contains lots of treasures from gothic,... more travel advice
Burghausen is a typical representative of the Inn-Salzach cities with their characteristic architecture (others are -... more travel advice
Anjutka's Related Pages
Burghausen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Longest Castle in Europe"
- "I like this town"
- "Burghausen: The kilometer Long Castle"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Burghausen
- 5 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Burghausen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Burghausen
Photos in BurghausenSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Lago di Garda Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Graz Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krems an der Donau Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Finland Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Vipiteno Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petrozavodsk Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tula Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Meran Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue