"52 COUNTRIES so far!" TRAVELBUDDYinFLORIDA's Profile

TRAVEL PARTNER sought for FUTUREtrips-inc. CHICAGO

Hello fellow travelers,
I will be taking several trips to the CHICAGO area and the Midwest this year. Is there someone seeking a travel buddy for this area?
Or that might be able to show me around for a couple of hours? Some of the cities include DETROIT, Kansas City, St. Louis, Wassau, Galena, Bethany and Springfield, IL.
This picture of me was taken at the massive Hubbard Glacier in Alaska, July 2005.
Would someone (or a few people) like to join me in Hawaii, Alaska, Europe, OR ELSEWHERE? Perhaps take a cruise there? The BEST time for me to take "big trips" is during June and July. I am a normal budget traveler, that just refuses to pay a "single supplement" for a cruise. I am looking for a travel partner, perhaps a new friend (nothing romantic) to split the price of the land tour or cruise.
I live north of Fort Lauderdale, in the West Palm Beach area. If you would like to talk with me to learn more about my future trips, then please e-mail me at WesNorthern@aol.com. I do not login to VirtualTourist to check e-mails very often. When writing, please put VT or VirtualTourist in the subject line. My phone number is 561-602-1265, but I don't think it will work when I am in Chicago.
I HAVE A QUESTION: If I want to go between Detroit Int'l Airport to Chicago ONE WAY, other than flying what is the most practical way? I would rent a car, except for the one way FEES. Does Amtrak, Greyhound, MegaBus, or some other reasonable service have a STOP CLOSER to the Detroit Airport than DOWNTOWN Detroit? Any suggestions on getting to a closer stop (city bus, etc. AND cost)?
Wes

ABOUT ME:

I am a "travelholic". I have been to 52 countries and on 19 different cruises. I have been to 6 continents and plan to go to Antarctica, someday "fairly" soon.
MY PICTURE: The picture of me in the blue shirt is from 2003. I have lost OVER 75 pounds since then. I am 5' 7" and in May 2005, my weight was down to 202 pounds. Thru smarter eating and exercise, I am still losing weight. I am in good health. The picture was taken of me in Thailand. I went on an elephant ride thru the forest and then feed the elephant.
A quote that I like is..."There are no strangers here, only friends you haven't met yet!"
May YOU have clear skies and smooth sailing!
**************************************
###########################

Orlando

I love Orlando and the theme parks. Would anyone like to meet with me at one of the theme parks? I could show you around Orlando.

How to contact me:

Thank you for visiting my homepage. If you have written to me and I did not reply, I am sorry! I get an awful lot of e-mail and probably did not see it.. When you write to me, please put the words "VIRTUAL TOURIST" or VT in the SUBJECT LINE. I love traveling and would really like to talk with you!

3 TRIPS FOR THE PRICE OF 1 !

My last Asia trip was really three trips for the price of ONE!
The trip was to:
1. Las Vegas and California(outbound)
2. Asia
3. Tennessee and North Carolina(return)

On my way to Asia, I spent a week in Las Vegas and on my way home, I spent some time in Tennessee.

** THE INFORMATION BELOW WAS POSTED BEFORE MY TRIP. **
"ROUGH" ITINERARY
July 21 -August 2

Day City
21 Mon. Land in Singapore at 1am, fly to Bangkok (BKK).
22 Tues. BKK
23 Wed. BKK
24 Th. BKK
25 Fri. Bus to Phuket (HKT)
26 Sa. HKT
27 Su. HKT
28 Mon. HKT, go to Kuala Lumpur (KUL).
29 Tues. KUL
30 Wed. KUL, go to Singapore
31 Th. SIN
1 Fri. SIN
2 Sa. Morning flight out of Singapore.

• Intro Updated Jun 5, 2008

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
TRAVELBUDDYinFLORIDA's Profile Photo

TRAVELBUDDYinFLORIDA

“TRAVEL PARTNER SOUGHT for future trips (inc. CHICAGO) to split the cost, nothing more...... 52 COUNTRIES so far.”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.