"Peace and quiet - or a real "rocking" place?" Top 5 Page for this destination Swanage by tango_jd
Swanage Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 111 photos
Some friends retired and moved to Swanage having had a holiday home here for years. I have visited several times now and have come to like the place very much.
The surrounding scenery is lovely - the coastline is breathtaking and the places to visit are so interesting.
I think it's the nightlife that I like - the town is well-served by pubs and restaurants and the pubs often have live music on with free admission.
Twice-a-Year in March and October, Swanage hosts the Swanage Blues festival with pubs putting-on live music virtually the whole day and evening.
Lovely setting with views across Poole Harbour, and birds, deer, and flora.
Park the car at Worth Matravers car park and walk approx. 2 miles to the cliff edge. This tiny chapel is still in use but seems so remote and isolated!
The views from the cliff tops are breathtaking.
Then, before driving away, visit the famous Square and Compass for a pint and a Cornish Pasty!
- Pros:Has a life all the year round - not just in Summer
- Cons:Traffic often bad when driving to or from Swanage
- In a nutshell:Don't tell everyone - please!
Take a steam railway ride to Corfe from Swanage station. in Summer 2012, an adult single was about 10.50GBP and a return... more travel advice
Fabulous beach but can be a little crowded in parts and at peak holiday times. Go towards Eastern end away from town... more travel advice
tango_jd's Related Pages
Swanage Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Swanage seaside town"
- "Swanage - a nice seaside town"
- "The English Seaside at its best"
- "Peace and quiet - or a real "rocking" place?"
- "Swanage a peaceful haven outside tourist season"
- "Swanage by the sea :-)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Swanage
- Hotels in Swanage
- Transportation in Swanage
- Restaurants in Swanage
- Shopping in Swanage
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Swanage
- 8 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Swanage?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Swanage
- Posted in Travel Majorca Island Forum "Re: What areas to avoid?"
- updated a Swanage Travel Page "Peace and quiet - or a real "rocking" place?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Peace and quiet - or a real "rocking" place?"
- Wrote a Review Steam train to Corfe Castle in Swanage Tourist Traps
- Uploaded a Video to Swanage
- Commented on one of LouiseTopp's Swanage travel pages
Photos in SwanageSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Swanage Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Albufeira Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Malta Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Wales Intro, 16 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cornwall Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Rome Intro, 1 review, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue