"º¿º ~JD's Travels ~ º¿º" tango_jd's Profile
We stayed at the Hotel Santana in Qawra which was ideal as it was central and near the bus station. Malta buses are cheap and frequent and provide the ideal way to explore the island.
See the full sets of photos at:
A few photos uploaded - if you are visiting, be sure to take the "South Island Tour" as it is the only way you can get into many areas of the volcanic landscape - otherwise it is restricted for cars.
New meets old in an attractive city with an easy-going pace. Plenty to see and do although nowhere near as much as in Barcelona. 2 days and nights would see you do it all - 3 if you want a day by the beach also.
We visited in order to view the Total Annular solar eclipse which passed across Spain on 3rd October 2005. Blue skies all day ensured we had a great view, and a trip around L'Oceanagraphic after wards (Largest Aquarium in Europe)
Nerja was an excellent choice for a wek's holiday at the end of a busy and hectic summer. A relaxed pace, lovely weather, plenty of shops, bars and cafe's in an attractive old town - plus the usual Costa Del Sol bonus of easy local buses to other places. Frigiliana, The Caves of Nerja and Malaga are easy to reach and well worth visiting.
Tossa is a beautiful relaxing resort - no good if you want clubs and loud pubs, but great if you want to relax. There are plenty of bars and restaurants especially in the fascinating old town where you can wander around the narrow streets and make your way to the old town walls.
The beach is nice and there is a little cove hidden-away behind the old town walls if you want somewhere quieter to swim or relax.
Buses are poor - you have to go first to Loret De Mar and transfer to another bus for Barcelona, other resorts etc.
Girona is well worth a visit.
Stayed on the Ramblas - Hotel Internacional - basic but clean and a nice breakfast.
If you see ONE Gaudi building only - make it Casa Batllo on Pasiege de Gracia - €10 entry fee (cheaper with a Barcelona Card) but worth every cent.
See the full sets of photos at:
Very hot in August! Lots of locals leave the city but a slow, easy pace to life and no traffic hassles.
VERY expensive to eat and drink - the food was touristy - pizza/pasta or tiny meat dishes. Starters @ €7 and main courses from €15 (stick to the bready starters @ €2 - 3 approx - just as filling and tasty.
1ltr beer and 1 G&T cost €22 one night (£18.00) Bloody outrageous. The service in bars and restaurants was SLOW - I was rather put-off Rome for this reason as I felt ripped-off and undervalued as a customer.
Drink water at the fountains dotted about (Forum) and fill your bottles there! Cool clear lovely spring water - FREE!
Good job the culture made up for this aspect!
Ticket to Colloseum gets you into the Palatine - and vice-versa - good way to avoid queues.
Cross the bridge near St Pauls, and turn left along the River.
Lunch at the Anchor pub after exploring the quaint streets.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 70 Reviews
- 265 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 16 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Word Association Game."
- Commented on one of tango_jd's Malta tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Lovely clean Apartments in good location"
- Wrote a Review Peaceful resting place - Père Lachaise Cemetery about Cemeteries & Other Resting Places in Paris Off The Beaten Path
- updated a Veneto Travelogue "Grand Canal"
- tango_jd and mickeyboy07 are now friends.
updated their Personal Page "Paphos, Cyprus 2007"
- Uploaded a Video to Corfe Castle
VideosSee All Videos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Swanage Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Albufeira Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Wales Intro, 16 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cornwall Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Rome Intro, 1 review, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tossa Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22160 Reviews - 53864 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15525 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4448 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4270 Reviews - 8783 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19444 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos