"º¿º ~JD's Travels ~ º¿º" tango_jd's Profile
We stayed in Qawra/Buggiba both times which was ideal as it has its own bus station which gave us easy access to other towns on the island. Malta buses are cheap and frequent and provide the ideal way to explore the island.
See the full sets of photos at:
A few photos uploaded - if you are visiting, be sure to take the "South Island Tour" as it is the only way you can get into many areas of the volcanic landscape - otherwise it is restricted for cars.
New meets old in an attractive city with an easy-going pace. Plenty to see and do although nowhere near as much as in Barcelona. 2 days and nights would see you do it all - 3 if you want a day by the beach also.
We visited in order to view the Total Annular solar eclipse which passed across Spain on 3rd October 2005. Blue skies all day ensured we had a great view, and a trip around L'Oceanagraphic after wards (Largest Aquarium in Europe)
Nerja was an excellent choice for a wek's holiday at the end of a busy and hectic summer. A relaxed pace, lovely weather, plenty of shops, bars and cafe's in an attractive old town - plus the usual Costa Del Sol bonus of easy local buses to other places. Frigiliana, The Caves of Nerja and Malaga are easy to reach and well worth visiting.
Tossa is a beautiful relaxing resort - no good if you want clubs and loud pubs, but great if you want to relax. There are plenty of bars and restaurants especially in the fascinating old town where you can wander around the narrow streets and make your way to the old town walls.
The beach is nice and there is a little cove hidden-away behind the old town walls if you want somewhere quieter to swim or relax.
Buses are poor - you have to go first to Loret De Mar and transfer to another bus for Barcelona, other resorts etc.
Girona is well worth a visit.
Stayed on the Ramblas - Hotel Internacional - basic but clean and a nice breakfast.
If you see ONE Gaudi building only - make it Casa Batllo on Pasiege de Gracia - €10 entry fee (cheaper with a Barcelona Card) but worth every cent.
See the full sets of photos at:
Very hot in August! Lots of locals leave the city but a slow, easy pace to life and no traffic hassles.
VERY expensive to eat and drink - the food was touristy - pizza/pasta or tiny meat dishes. Starters @ €7 and main courses from €15 (stick to the bready starters @ €2 - 3 approx - just as filling and tasty.
1ltr beer and 1 G&T cost €22 one night (£18.00) Bloody outrageous. The service in bars and restaurants was SLOW - I was rather put-off Rome for this reason as I felt ripped-off and undervalued as a customer.
Drink water at the fountains dotted about (Forum) and fill your bottles there! Cool clear lovely spring water - FREE!
Good job the culture made up for this aspect!
Ticket to Colloseum gets you into the Palatine - and vice-versa - good way to avoid queues.
Cross the bridge near St Pauls, and turn left along the River.
Lunch at the Anchor pub after exploring the quaint streets.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 72 Reviews
- 278 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 16 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: All inclusive yes or no"
- Commented on tango_jd's profile page
- updated a Sousse Travel Page "A week of sun sea and sand - just what I needed!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Paris - My favourite destination!"
- Wrote a Review RER and Metro ticket about Charles De Gaulle Airport in Paris Transportation
updated their Profile Page "º¿º ~JD's Travels ~ º¿º"
- tango_jd and mickeyboy07 are now friends.
- Uploaded a Video to Corfe Castle
PhotosSee All Photos (278)
VideosSee All Videos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Swanage Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Albufeira Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Malta Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Wales Intro, 16 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cornwall Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Rome Intro, 1 review, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue