"º¿º ~JD's Travels ~ º¿º" tango_jd's Profile
We stayed in Qawra/Buggiba both times which was ideal as it has its own bus station which gave us easy access to other towns on the island. Malta buses are cheap and frequent and provide the ideal way to explore the island.
See the full sets of photos at:
A few photos uploaded - if you are visiting, be sure to take the "South Island Tour" as it is the only way you can get into many areas of the volcanic landscape - otherwise it is restricted for cars.
New meets old in an attractive city with an easy-going pace. Plenty to see and do although nowhere near as much as in Barcelona. 2 days and nights would see you do it all - 3 if you want a day by the beach also.
We visited in order to view the Total Annular solar eclipse which passed across Spain on 3rd October 2005. Blue skies all day ensured we had a great view, and a trip around L'Oceanagraphic after wards (Largest Aquarium in Europe)
Nerja was an excellent choice for a wek's holiday at the end of a busy and hectic summer. A relaxed pace, lovely weather, plenty of shops, bars and cafe's in an attractive old town - plus the usual Costa Del Sol bonus of easy local buses to other places. Frigiliana, The Caves of Nerja and Malaga are easy to reach and well worth visiting.
Tossa is a beautiful relaxing resort - no good if you want clubs and loud pubs, but great if you want to relax. There are plenty of bars and restaurants especially in the fascinating old town where you can wander around the narrow streets and make your way to the old town walls.
The beach is nice and there is a little cove hidden-away behind the old town walls if you want somewhere quieter to swim or relax.
Buses are poor - you have to go first to Loret De Mar and transfer to another bus for Barcelona, other resorts etc.
Girona is well worth a visit.
Stayed on the Ramblas - Hotel Internacional - basic but clean and a nice breakfast.
If you see ONE Gaudi building only - make it Casa Batllo on Pasiege de Gracia - €10 entry fee (cheaper with a Barcelona Card) but worth every cent.
See the full sets of photos at:
Very hot in August! Lots of locals leave the city but a slow, easy pace to life and no traffic hassles.
VERY expensive to eat and drink - the food was touristy - pizza/pasta or tiny meat dishes. Starters @ €7 and main courses from €15 (stick to the bready starters @ €2 - 3 approx - just as filling and tasty.
1ltr beer and 1 G&T cost €22 one night (£18.00) Bloody outrageous. The service in bars and restaurants was SLOW - I was rather put-off Rome for this reason as I felt ripped-off and undervalued as a customer.
Drink water at the fountains dotted about (Forum) and fill your bottles there! Cool clear lovely spring water - FREE!
Good job the culture made up for this aspect!
Ticket to Colloseum gets you into the Palatine - and vice-versa - good way to avoid queues.
Cross the bridge near St Pauls, and turn left along the River.
Lunch at the Anchor pub after exploring the quaint streets.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Virginia Beach Hotels
- Tank Island Hotels
- Anastasia Island Hotels
- Manori Hotels
- Malgrat de Mar
- Puerto Galera Hotels
- Ghana Hotels
- Srinagar Hotels
- Pakistan Hotels
- Destin Hotels
- Ichetucknee Springs State Park Hotels
- Cebu City
- Palma de Mallorca
- La Spezia
- Positano Hotels
- Kalpakkam Hotels
- Laoag City
- Madgaon Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 72 Reviews
- 275 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 16 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
- Wrote a Review RER and Metro ticket about Charles De Gaulle Airport in Paris Transportation
- Commented on greekcypriot's profile page
- Posted in Travel Majorca Island Forum "Re: What areas to avoid?"
- updated a Swanage Travel Page "Peace and quiet - or a real "rocking" place?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Peace and quiet - or a real "rocking" place?"
updated their Profile Page "º¿º ~JD's Travels ~ º¿º"
- tango_jd and mickeyboy07 are now friends.
- Uploaded a Video to Corfe Castle
PhotosSee All Photos (275)
VideosSee All Videos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Swanage Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Albufeira Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Malta Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Wales Intro, 16 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cornwall Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Rome Intro, 1 review, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22488 Reviews - 55061 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23330 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3099 Reviews - 5883 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos