"A little French goes a long way in Wentzville" Wentzville by aphrodyte
Wentzville Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 13 photos
Where in the world is Wentzville and why am I speaking French?
Located 45 minutes west of downtown St Louis on I-70 sits a quiet, peaceful town of Wentzville. The only bustling hub is the location of the new Wal-mart/ Home Depot area on Wentzville Parkway. With the development of these two icons, Wentzville is on it's way to becoming a sizeable burb of St Louis.
And once a year for four weekends the sleepy town of Wentzville gets bombarded with FRENCH SPEAKING RENNIES!
A rennie is an affectionado of renaissance faires and festivals. Do not mistake rennies for SCAers, SCAers take great pains to be authentic in the recreation of the medieval/renaissance periods, Rennies revel in the fiction of the medieval/renaisance era.
The mark of a rennie is someone who has two sets of clothes, regular wear and ren wear. A rennie is not afraid of wearing completely outdated clothing in public and still look really snazzy. Rennies know the difference between a skirt and a kilt and they don't mind if you want to handle their swords. Rennies have a different way of keeping track of the seasons. For example, from Jan to March--Florida renfairs, May to June--STL renfair, Aug-- Mich renfair, Aug to Oct--KC renfair, Oct-- Texas renfair, Nov-- Louisiana renfair, and back again. Rennies watch the weather channel and local weather religiously (just in case they need to bring the heavy cloak or the light one). Rennies are very friendly and flirtacious, they are also flirtacious with the cup of ale that you have with you. Rennies know the 14th through 16th european centuries like the palm of their hands, but if you ask them about the American Industrial Revolution, they're eyes glaze over.
Lastly, how to know if you know a rennie?
"Celtic is pronounced like a K, like kelp. Celtics pronounced with an S, is a basketball team...you ninny!!"
- Pros:Early in the morning, the fog silently rolls in and the sunlight skips over the lake. --- That's one heck of a Folgers moment
- Cons:What's a renaissance faire? Is that like a county fair? --- I kid you not, that was asked of me.
- In a nutshell:Saint this and Saint that...makes me think I'm in church again.
Jack in the Box --- 1992 Wentzville Parkway, Wentzville, MO Mc Donalds --- 766 West Pearce Boulevard, Wentzville, MO... more travel advice
In comparison to the many other faires out there, STL Ren is one of the youngest, only 5 years old. Set in a wooded... more travel advice
aphrodyte's Related Pages
Wentzville Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Wentzville
- 4 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Wentzville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wentzville
- Posted in Travel Kansas City Forum "Re: kc vs raytown vs indepence"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Travelling 500 Years Back In Time...For One Day"
- created a Wentzville Travelogue "Travelling 500 Years Back In Time...For One Day"
- Wrote a Review Fast food is like a box of chocolates... in Wentzville Restaurants
Photos in WentzvilleSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- New Orleans Intro, 37 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Intro, 36 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Memphis Intro, 5 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Island Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Niagara Falls Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Antonio Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Nashville Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Winnipeg Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Spokane Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
Latest Wentzville hotel reviews
- Motel 6 - Wentzville
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013