New Orleans Hotel Tips by aphrodyte
New Orleans Hotels: 73,969 reviews and 397 photos
Tipical! This is the desk in my hotel room.
This 6 floor Courtyard is going down as one of my favorite Courtyards to stay at. Check-in time is 3pm, and check-out is at Noon. Because of our flight, we arrived much earlier than anticipated and there were no clean rooms at the time we arrived. The Front Desk offered to hold our bags until a room was ready for us and we went on some early afternoon sight seeing and lunch.
Valet parking is available for $21.00 a day or you can go to an offsite parking area nearby. We took a roundtrip shuttle from the airport to the hotel and did not need the valet service.
The hotel had a bar and lounge, and if you asked really nice, they will allow you to hang out there late at night and up to the wee hours of the moring to smoke INDOORS. They also had coffee and newspapers in the morning a breakfast bar for a separate charge and a self service laundry facility on the 6th floor. The pool, whirlpool, and exercise facilities were on the second floor. There is also delivery available from several nearby restaurants.
The hotel was about one block away from Bourbon St and within walking distance from everywhere we wanted to go. If we didn't feel like walking. The hotel was enroute of several public transports including the famous St Charles Trolley.
The Front Desk staff were all pleasant and patient with all the questions I had and the requests that I made. They definitely made our stay comfortable.
Unique Qualities: Our hotel room was on the 4th floor in one of the inner rooms. Our view for the duration of the stay was looking at the interior hallways of the hotel. The view...was not spectacular, however, absolutely no noise! The unique thing about this hotel was the huge glass top roof that awarded us the view of the sky without having to actually go outside.
The room itself was clean and had the basic amenities with a large work desk , speaker phone, voice mail, data ports on phone, internet access, TV with cable, premier in-room movies, in-room coffee, iron and ironing board, hairdryer and bottled water for a fee.
Since all of the 2 double beds were taken, we were able to get a king bed with a sofa bed.
Address: 124 Saint Charles Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130
Comparison: about average
Directions: Near the corner of Canal and St Charles Sts.
Phone: 504 581 9005
More Reviews (36)
- See All Cabildo
- See All Unique Grocery Store
- See All Break Out The Penny Rolls...I'm Camping...
- See All Little Surprises Can Be Set In Stone
aphrodyte's Related Pages
New Orleans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Two Visits - 54 Years Apart"
- "new orleans louisiana"
- "The Naughty Madame"
- "New Orleans-An Intriguing Visit to the Past"
- "Crescent City Comes Calling"
- "THE BIG EASY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Orleans
- Hotels in New Orleans
- Transportation in New Orleans
- Nightlife in New Orleans
- Restaurants in New Orleans
- Shopping in New Orleans
- Warnings and Dangers in New Orleans
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Orleans
- 37 Reviews
- 72 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to New Orleans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Orleans
Photos in New OrleansSee All Photos (72)
Read real reviews about New Orleans Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- New Orleans Intro, 37 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Intro, 36 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fredericksburg Intro, 10 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 8 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Memphis Intro, 5 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nashville Intro, 7 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Island Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Niagara Falls Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Antonio Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Bourbon Street- 50 Reviews, 71 Photos
- Swamp Tours- 34 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Garden District- 34 Reviews, 64 Photos
- French Quarter- 54 Reviews, 99 Photos
- Mardi Gras- 37 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Jackson Square- 51 Reviews, 103 Photos
- Cemeteries- 45 Reviews, 77 Photos
- Plantations- 22 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Cruise the Mississippi- 30 Reviews, 50 Photos
- French Market- 34 Reviews, 48 Photos
See All New Orleans Things to Do