"YES....I'M THE CRAZY ONE." aphrodyte's Profile
HELLO! I am Emmy and I bid you welcome to my thoughts and all the sticky, grey matter in between!
I came to VT through Google. I was doing some research for a trip to New Orleans and I was looking for historical yet fun facts about a city people have fondly called,"The City Care Forgot". I have been to New Orleans numerous times in the past, however, this time I will be coming with an entourage and I have elected to go sober. *hehe..chuckle*
Since I will be playing the part of "little miss tourguide", I wanted to impress them with something more than the nightly fun and funky. (Not that there is anything wrong with da funky. But you just can't show da funky to a 5 year old. Not good.) Thus enters VT...and I was intrigued. What a fantastic way to harness information from those who live there and the people who have had first hand experiences, good or bad! ...Ingenius!
There is so much information here, so many people. Their feelings, their thoughts, their experiences. I can sit here and read all day about what someone had for breakfast or what to avoid when you get sea sick.
"This is way too much fun. I gotta get in on this!"
I have been wanting to set up a scrapbook of my family's travels for some time, but the images of having to cut and paste, cut and paste, buy "fancy" scissors and acid-free paper, buy the adhesive kind, cut and paste, get the matching stickers, cut and paste, the picture of Aunt Millicent is fuzzy use Uncle Bert, cut and paste, I feel the frustration coming on. 1...2...3 Breathe. It seems daunting. I know...I know...there are scrapbooking classes. I am sure they are helpful to some people. I just don't see the point in having to pay X amount of dollars to cut and paste and get frustrated somewhere else. (I feel you should get frustrated in the privacy of your own home.) Anyhow, VT seems much easier to slap my memoirs and angst down and much less paper cuts.
Maybe one day I will start scrapbooking up again, (ooohhh, paper cuts *shiver*) maybe sometime in the next millenium. In the meantime, I'm hooked and there is no throwing me back!
So here I am, typing up my own memoirs...so stay tuned. More future entries about me, myself, my family and my travels are bound to spill forth. Ciao!
Crypticon in Kansas City, MO
Kansas City Renaissance Festival
Christmas Time-ish 2013
Still up in the air...but again...isn't that the beauty of it all?
I have been on virtual tourist sparingly for the past couple of years. My alter ego insisted that I find a better job and make more money.
Now that I have appeased the money gods, I turn towards new destinations, some familiar and some hidden gems.
So despite the rising gas prices, luggage restrictions and occasional weather wreaking moments I am back to enjoying what I love doing... however long it lasts!
I would be true, for there are those who trust me;
I would be pure, for there are those who care;
I would be strong, for there is much to suffer;
I would be brave, for there is much to dare.
I would be friend of all---the foe, the friendless;
I would be giving, and forget the gift.
I would be humble, for I know my weakness;
I would look up---and laugh---and love---and lift.
written by H.A. Walter
OKAY...enough of the sweet stuff...there's this edgy side of me...
If you think you are beaten, you are;
If you think you dare not, you don't;
If you 'd like to win, but think you can't ,
It's almost a cinch you won't.
If you think you'll lose, you're lost,
For out in the world we find
Sucess begins with a female's will;
It's all in the state of mind.
If you think you're outclassed, you are;
You've got to think high to rise.
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.
Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or the faster woman;
But soon or late the woman who wins
is the woman who thinks she can.
written by W.D. Wintle
interpreted by Emmy
The Angora Rabbit!!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 149 Reviews
- 451 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 18 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
updated their Profile Page "YES....I'M THE CRAZY ONE."
- aphrodyte and ligaya are now friends.
- Commented on akkipaa's profile page
- updated a Kansas City Travel Page "The Wise Old Owl Art Gallery!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Wise Old Owl Art Gallery!"
- Wrote a Review Mud-less on Mud Island about Mud Island in Memphis Things to Do
- Posted in Travel San Antonio Forum "GOING GREEN IN SAN ANTONIO!!"
Top 10 Pages
- New Orleans Intro, 37 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Intro, 36 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Memphis Intro, 5 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Island Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Niagara Falls Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Antonio Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Nashville Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Winnipeg Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Spokane Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22167 Reviews - 53887 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23063 Reviews - 47263 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7638 Reviews - 19502 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos