"Herzlich Willkommen!" mitchimitch's Profile
History...music...art...palaces...gardens...operas...plus more! That's Vienna, my second home. I'm really blessed to be living in this beautiful city. I've been to many of its museums and I've seen the most beautiful palaces and buildings but I'm yet to discover so many things!!
Yeah, I'm proud to say that my Jeju Folk Village Museum album was featured yesterday in Webshots. Please check it out (and my other albums as well!):
http://community.webshots.com/user/mitchimitchikorea07 -- Seoul, Jeju Island
http://community.webshots.com/user/mitchimitchikorea207 -- Busan, et al
Photos of Beijing, Macau and Boracay
These are the filming locations I've visited during my recent trip to Asia. Dramas featured are Goong/Princess Hours, I'm Sorry I Love You (MiSa), All In, Autumn in My Heart, etc... It also includes my stalking photos of So Ji Sub, my favorite Korean actor (^+^)
(written by an American guy who loves his Filipina wife in spite of the numerous irregularities)..yes, this is really hilarious...though not everything written here is true :-)
* Your refrigerator is always full but you cannot find any food that you recognize
* Instead of a dowry, you got the whole bill for the wedding and honeymoon
* Most of the decorations in your house are made of wicker
* You are expected to be able to read her mind just by watching her eyebrows move up and down and which way her lips are pointed
* All her relatives think your name is Joe
* The instant you are married you have 3000 new close relatives that you can't tell apart
* Your house isn't really on fire, but there is a very charred fish right on top of the stove burner
* All the desserts are sticky and all the snacks are salty...
* She eats her fruit with giant salt crystals and her fried chicken with ketchup
* Even the ketchup tastes weird... very weird
* You throw a party and everyone is fighting to chop the leathery skin off a dead pig
* All your kids have 4-5 middle names
* Your in-laws take 10 years to acknowledge your existence and to call you by something other than "that white guy"
* You try to call her up on the phone and someone tells you "for a while" and you want to know "for a while, what??"
* You are trying to go to sleep and she keeps asking for the comFORT'r, and you ain't got a clue what she's talking about
* Your first Christmas present is some funny looking baggy see-thru shirt made out of leftover lace doilies
* Your phone bills are all international and average 3 hours per call * She sweeps with something that witches usually fly around on
* Her idea of classy, expensive champagne is Asti Spumante
* The rice cooker is on 24 hours a day and uses up 50% of your electric and food budget
* On your first trip to the Philippines, you have 18 giant boxes that weigh 1000 pounds each and your "carry on" luggage requires a small forklift truck
* The same luggage is over filled with things that cost an average of 15 cents each like old magazines and M&Ms -- the worst part is when you get off the plane, the same stuff you've been hauling around half way around the world is available in every store in the airport for half the price!
* All her pajamas look like they were worn by the Dalai Lama until they got too faded
* The first time she's pregnant you have to go out at 4:00 in the morning looking for some weird type of greasy sausages, green mangoes and bagoong
* You buy a new $500 freezer so she can store 200 pounds of SPAM and CORNED BEEF that was on sale
* Everything in your house was bought on sale, even if you don't need it .. as long as it was a "bargain" is all that matters
* She gets really excited by sucking the fat out of pig knees
* Your daughter gets her ears pierced when she's 2 minutes old but your sons are not circumcised until they turn 21
* All your postage bills instantly double
* You hire a Ya-Ya because your wife thinks you clean mirrors with soap and a sponge and the Ya-Ya seems cheaper than a divorce
* The only "white meat" she likes is You, and that's if you're lucky
* Her favorite sauce is called "patis," Americans call it turpentine
* She actually thinks that bowling and golf and billiards are real sports and are more important than baseball and football
* You were married 5 years before she explained to you that "ARAY!" doesn't mean "ooh, baby!"
* She prefers bistek to beef steak
* Her idea of new upholstery is rinsing the bagoong stains out of the slip covers
* She can eat and talk at the same time, in fact that's her specialty!
* Her favorite meal is leftovers, her favorite fancy dessert is Jell-O mold and for something REALLY romantic, she'll offer you a halo-halo with 2 straws
* You still don't know what's the difference between manong and manok
* She and the kids are always saying "Daddy made utot" and you still don't know what it means but they think it's pretty funny
* Other than eyebrow raising and lip puckering, her next most expressive form of communication is grunts and pssst's
* She goes to the movies just for the AC
* Her homeland has more Megamalls than islands
* Before every holiday and visit, her sisters fax you a 10 page "bilins" list which says "suggestion only"
* Your kitchen table has a merry-go-round in the middle
* All the vegetables she buys at the Filipino store look like they were grown at Chernobyl
* Her friends are named Chinky, Girlie, Boy and Bimbo and you are not allowed to smirk
* Her home economics course only taught shopping, eating and siesta; cooking, cleaning and sewing were not electives
* Her idea of edifying reading is gossip magazines
* All your place settings has the silverware backwards and there are no knives
* She washes her hair with a bucket and her car with a broom
* Her favorite book (she has 3 copies) is "1001 New Recipes for Pig Parts You Were Gunna Throw Out"
* You are the only family in a 200 mile radius with 2 Betamaxes, 3 televisions
* She's done her best job planning a surprise party for you if she manages not to tell you about it until a week or two before
* She "cleans" her closet by throwing all the crap into your closet
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 117 Reviews
- 354 Photos
- 15 Countries
- 24 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- mitchimitch and victorwkf are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Magical Town of Segovia"
- Posted in Travel Seoul Forum "Re: Phone Cards"
- Commented on izsak02's profile page
- Wrote a Review Travel cheaply to Jeju in Jeju-do Transportation
updated their Profile Page "Herzlich Willkommen!"
- updated a Seoul Travel Page "Seoul - the heart of Korea"
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 6 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 4 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Busan Intro, 4 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Jeju-do Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 4 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boracay Island Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos
- Vienna Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sokch'o 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22200 Reviews - 54008 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23039 Reviews - 47275 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11942 Reviews - 26476 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7699 Reviews - 19779 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos