"Wairarapa" Wairarapa by TomorrowsAngel
Wairarapa Travel Guide: 93 reviews and 214 photos
Wairarapa extends from the Tararua Mountains and Rimutakas to the Pacific and eastern Cook Strait, down in the bottom right-hand corner of the North Island.
Whether you drive through, or stop off for a few days, there is lots to see - galleries showcasing local art and sculpture, small town museums, craft and gift shops, roadside cafes and tearooms, and wineries.
Wairarapa is a great place to experience rural North Island-style New Zealand with is rich in Maori and European heritage.
- Pros:rich, broad pastures, majestic mountain valleys, and spacious, uncluttered beaches
Dannevirke was settled in 1872 by Danish and Norwegian families and was a important farming centre last century. But... more travel advice
TomorrowsAngel's Related Pages
Wairarapa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wairarapa - New Zealand’s Capital Country"
- "I used to live in Martinborough circa 1980"
- "The Eastern gateway out of Wellington"
- "Wairarapa -on the East Coast of the Nth Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wairarapa
- Hotels in Wairarapa
- Transportation in Wairarapa
- Restaurants in Wairarapa
- Shopping in Wairarapa
- Warnings and Dangers in Wairarapa
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Wairarapa
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Wairarapa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wairarapa
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiddah Intro, 48 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 39 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Muscat Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arrowtown Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- India Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunedin Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Invercargill Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Agra Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos