"Blenheim" Blenheim by TomorrowsAngel
Blenheim Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 71 photos
Blenheim is situated on the fertile Wairau Plains in the Marlborough district, at the top of the South Island of New Zealand.
Marlborough's attractions include its wine industry, the Marlborough Sounds, gourmet foods, adventure activities, relaxing recreation opportunities, and so much more.
To the north is Picton, a small town that holds the honour of gatekeeper to the spectacular Marlborough Sounds. To the south is Kaikoura, the whale-watching capital of the world. In between are a number of other interesting and friendly townships.
Blenheim is the sunniest town in New Zealand and regularly tops the sunshine stakes with an estimated average of 2,438 hours of sunshine a year.
The long-term rainfall average is 649mm per annum, but it is not uncommon for Blenheim to have at least 284 days of the year with less than 1mm of rain.
With a population of just over 25,000 citizens, the city was claimed, piece by piece, from the Wairau river resulting in a street layout with spirit and character that abounds with quirky lanes and sunny gathering places.
TomorrowsAngel's Related Pages
Blenheim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sun and Wine for all"
- "Sauvignon Capital of the World"
- "MARLBOROUGH COUNTRY!"
- "stay at Koanui Backpackers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Blenheim
- Hotels in Blenheim
- Transportation in Blenheim
- Restaurants in Blenheim
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Blenheim
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Blenheim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blenheim
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiddah Intro, 48 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 39 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Muscat Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arrowtown Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- India Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunedin Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Invercargill Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Agra Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos