"Casablanca" Casablanca by TomorrowsAngel
Casablanca Travel Guide: 515 reviews and 1,393 photos
The name Casablanca conjures up images of crescent-topped mosques under the twinkling blue velvet sky ... cloaked Berbers on camels ... exotic smoky-eyed belly dancers.
The Casablanca I found and fell in love with was tucked away in old Quartier Habous where traders come to sell their wares and while away their days sipping mint tea inside the dim interiors of their shops. If you venture further into the medina here you'll find white-washed buildings with intricate wrought iron windows and thick sturdy wooden doors studded with metal.
And then go back to the city and sit outside in a pavement cafe and sip an Arabic coffee among the high-rise buildings and watch the cars go by.
Casablanca is definitely a city of contrasts.
We decided to try El Andalous because it offered live traditional Moroccan music and dancing, as well as dinner. The... more travel advice
The largest mosque in Morocco is the Hassan II Mosque. It is the only mosque in Morocco open to non-Muslims, for a... more travel advice
TomorrowsAngel's Related Pages
Casablanca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Real Casablanca is not a Hollywood image"
- "C A S A B L A N C A, Toursit trap or not?"
- "Modern town"
- "TWO DAYS IN "CASA""
- "As time goes by"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Casablanca
- Hotels in Casablanca
- Transportation in Casablanca
- Nightlife in Casablanca
- Restaurants in Casablanca
- Shopping in Casablanca
- Warnings and Dangers in Casablanca
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Casablanca
- 9 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Casablanca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Casablanca
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiddah Intro, 48 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 39 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Muscat Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arrowtown Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- India Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunedin Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Invercargill Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Agra Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos