"Riverton" Riverton by TomorrowsAngel
Riverton Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 20 photos
Riverton has many faces - it is a place of young geography and raw natural beauty....a fishing port....a seaside holiday resort....an artists' colony....the fishermen and hunters' last frontier....a farming centre.
Riverton, 38 km from Invercargill on the Southern Scenic Route is one of the oldest European settlements in the country. In the late 1700's it was a supply base for whalers and sealers from New South Wales (Australia).
Today Riverton retains many buildings in excess of 100 years old and is becoming increasingly popular as a holiday resort. Whether swimming, surfing, sailing or fishing; native bush walks, shopping or relaxing with a coffee, Riverton has a wide selection of attractions to choose from.
Great fishing, including trout and salmon, is available all year round. Ask a local, visit a sports shop, or telephone... more travel advice
Riverton has many good walks. One of the best starts at More's Reserve, at the top of Richard Street and offers... more travel advice
TomorrowsAngel's Related Pages
Riverton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Riverton Rocks!!!!"
- "DOWN THE BOTTOM OF NEW ZEALAND"
- "Right on the Foveaux Straight"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Riverton
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Riverton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Riverton
Photos in RivertonSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiddah Intro, 48 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 39 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Muscat Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arrowtown Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- India Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunedin Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Invercargill Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Agra Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos