"Bluff" Bluff by TomorrowsAngel
Bluff Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 61 photos
Bluff is where all overseas relatives and friends get taken practically on their first day in Southland!
I remember when I was about 14, and we drove down there in a procession of 2 cars (Mum and Dad, one at each end), with 3 campervans full of my dad's indian friends and their families! Mum and Dad had to ferry carloads of people up and down Bluff Hill, as the campervans couldn't make it up the steep road gradient!
Bluff is located at the bottom of the South Island, New Zealand, in the province of Southland and is the 'Gateway to Stewart Island'.
State highway 1 finishes and starts here, at Bluff's Stirling Point, an attraction in itself. Stirling Point is to New Zealand what Landsend is to Great Britain.
Bluff is unique in the fact that it is the oldest European settled town in New Zealand, added to that it has had a very colourful past, some of which can be found here and at the local Maritime Museum.
Bluff has a lot to offer the discerning traveller with attractions such as Bluff' Maritime Museum, Stirling Point, Fred & Myrtles Paua house , panoramic views from the newly refurbished viewing platform on top of Bluff Hill (Motupohe), and highly recommended walking tracks .
A further 1.5 kms of coastal drive past the end of Bluff's main street will bring you to the Stirling Point Signpost... more travel advice
Bluff Maritime Museum Foreshore Road, (03) 212 7534 Bluff Heritage Trail Greenhills - Bluff, Brochures available from... more travel advice
TomorrowsAngel's Related Pages
Bluff Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The place the late Fred and Myrtle put on the map"
- "Southern tip is the home to Oysters"
- "A fledgling Bluff page..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bluff
- Transportation in Bluff
- Restaurants in Bluff
- Shopping in Bluff
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bluff
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Bluff?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bluff
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiddah Intro, 48 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 39 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Muscat Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arrowtown Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- India Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunedin Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Invercargill Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Agra Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos