Dunedin Shopping Tips by TomorrowsAngel Top 5 Page for this destination
Dunedin Shopping: 8 reviews and 9 photos
Daily life, as seen in the Octagon and surrounding streets is vibrant, positive and upbeat. Cafes, restaurants and bars compete for space with a fabulous mix of retail outlets, service centres and entertainment venues.
Dunedin offers all the facilities one would expect within a modern, thriving city, without the traffic jams and parking problems!
All banks, insurance companies, government agencies, service centres and social agencies charities are represented in Dunedin. Major grocery chains, discount variety stores, department stores and retailers all trade in Dunedin.
Add to this unique speciality shops such as antique dealers, handmade homeware retailers, galleries, exhibition spaces, artists workshops and clothing designer showrooms and you truly have a cosmopolitan, vibrant mix of creativity.
The main city shopping area is centred around the Octagon, Lower Stuart Street, Princes Street, George Street and St Andrews. There are a number of suburban centres, with shops at Mornington, The Gardens, Andersons Bay Road and Mosgiel. Adding to your convenience most homes are only a short walk from a local dairy (corner store).
Shopping in Dunedin is relaxed and unhurried. There is a mix of national stores and highly individual local stores. Hours vary, but as a guide the following can be used:
Monday - Thursday: 0900-1730
(public holidays vary)
the meridian centre
A good place to park your car and start browsing is the Meridian Shopping Centre, which has over 40 specialty stores and an international food court.
There is an Arthur Barnetts Department Store, smaller shops include clothing, stationery, jewellery, gifts etc.
The foodcourt has: chinese, Burger King, Muffin Break, indian, Ma Higgins, sandwiches/smoothies etc.
Address: George Street
Phone: 03 4771129
Theme: Department Store
More Reviews (17)
TomorrowsAngel's Related Pages
Dunedin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Pride of the South"
- "New Zealand's 1st City"
- "Dunedin - "The Edinburgh of the South"."
- "Dunedin, near the Otago Peninsula in the south Is."
- "Dunedin, my favourite City in New Zealand"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dunedin
- Hotels in Dunedin
- Transportation in Dunedin
- Nightlife in Dunedin
- Restaurants in Dunedin
- Shopping in Dunedin
- Warnings and Dangers in Dunedin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dunedin
- 19 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Dunedin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dunedin
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiddah Intro, 48 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 39 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Muscat Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arrowtown Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- India Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunedin Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Invercargill Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Agra Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos