"Paradise" Paradise by TomorrowsAngel
Paradise Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 15 photos
Paradise is an area accessed by driving 20 km northwest of Glenorchy.
It lies beside the Dart River offering picture-perfect views of the Humboldt Range and Mt.Earnslaw, but was named for the local paradise ducks rather than the idyllic scenery. The road passes a tranquil lake and enters a sub-alpine forest dripping with moss. A short walk from the road takes you to a lovely waterfall.
The Paradise area is known for its stunning scenery with farmland, burns and forests forming a dramatic backdrop to the mountains of Mount Aspiring National Park.
It was used during the filming of Lord of the Rings for Lothlorien, Amon Hen, Nan Curunír (the Valley of Saruman), Isengard
We drove from Queenstown to Glenorchy to Paradise and then as far as the road went.
I felt so humble being in the presence of such beautiful scenery - stormy skies, snow-capped mountains, green paddocks.
The dramatic vistas of Nan Curunir (the Valley of Saruman) were filmed in Paradise. more travel advice
The ancient forests, became the location for the Slopes of Amon Hen - where Boromir succumbs to the orc attack and Merry... more travel advice
TomorrowsAngel's Related Pages
Paradise Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Paradise
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Paradise?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paradise
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiddah Intro, 48 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 39 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Muscat Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arrowtown Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- India Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunedin Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Invercargill Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Agra Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos