"Gallipoli" Top 5 Page for this destination Gallipoli by TomorrowsAngel
Gallipoli Travel Guide: 121 reviews and 416 photos
The significance of Gallipoli is hard to explain to someone who is not an Australian or a New Zealander, or even a Turk.
It is hard to explain why, but it has become a Australasia-wide pilgrimage to travel halfway around the world to a distant foreign shore, to see the steep and forbidding battlefields our ancetors fought so hard to conquor.
There is hardly a community in New Zealand or Australia that was not touched in someway by the tragedy of the Gallipoli campaign.
Gallipoli peninsula national park spans an area of 33,000 hectares.
If you want to visit the World War I battlegrounds and war memorials, take the road leading to Anzak cove, northwest of Eceabat and start discovering....
Another excursion route would be to take the southern direction from Eceabat through to Kilitbahir-Seddulbahir-Alcitepe-Kum Limani (wharf) and see southern regions of this serene world.
It was erected in honour of Turkish soldiers lost in the battles of the Gallipoli Campaign. The complex contains a... more travel advice
Ari Burnu Cemetery was formed during the campaign on land under fire from Turkish outposts. After the war, other burials... more travel advice
TomorrowsAngel's Related Pages
Gallipoli Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HISTORIC NATIONAL PARK ON GELIBOLU PENINSULA"
- "The Gallipoli Peninsula"
- "Gelibolu Yarimadasi - Gallipoli Peninsula"
- "A Pilgrimage for any Antipodean"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gallipoli
- Hotels in Gallipoli
- Transportation in Gallipoli
- Warnings and Dangers in Gallipoli
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gallipoli
- 6 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Gallipoli?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gallipoli
Photos in GallipoliSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiddah Intro, 48 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 39 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Muscat Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arrowtown Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- India Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunedin Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Invercargill Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Agra Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos