"Seddulbahir" Seddulbahir by TomorrowsAngel
Seddulbahir Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 3 photos
The village of Seddulbahir is located 28km to Eceabat, 23 km to Kilitbahir in the southern reach of the peninsula.
The Seddulbahir castle was built in 1659 by "Sadrazam Koprulu Mehmet Pasha" for defensive purposes against the Venetians. This region is also the home to many war memorials and gravesites of Turkish war martyrs from the successful defence of the Dardanelles straits against allied forces in 1915.
The symbol of the defensive campaign for the Dardanelles, entitled Dardanelles Martyrs Memorial, is located just 3 km northeast of Sedd|lbahir village in the eastern tip of Morto cove on Hisarlik Tepe.
The memorials of “Cape Helles”, Fort of “Ertugrul” and “Yahya gravesite” and memorial, the “Beach” gravesite of allied soldiers, the “French war memorial” and graves, “Lancashire Landing” graves, “Pink Farm” (Pembe Giftlik) gravesite, “Twelve tree” woodlands (12 Aðag Koruluðu) gravesite and memorial, “Redoubt” gravesite, “Algýtepe Garrison” memorial, “Sargýyer”i gravesite and memorial, “Mareþal Fevzi Gakmak” war headquarters and memorial, “Lieutenant Hasan Bey” gravesite, “Gozetleme Tepe” memorial and gravesite are some of the other treasures of Seddulbahir.
We stayed in Seddulbahir for 2 nights.
It is the closest town to Gallpoli which means the town is packed to the brim with ANZACs around the end of April.
There were soya nut stands located near all the memorial sites.
The soya nuts are coated with sugar, spices, soy sauce or roasted plain - we ate them until we were sick of them!
TomorrowsAngel's Related Pages
Seddulbahir Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Seddulbahir
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Seddulbahir?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seddulbahir
Photos in SeddulbahirSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiddah Intro, 48 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 39 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Muscat Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arrowtown Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- India Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunedin Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Invercargill Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Agra Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos