At Ta'if Things to Do Tips by TomorrowsAngel
At Ta'if Things to Do: 3 reviews and 3 photos
king fahd gardens
The King Fahd Garden, with a total area of 175,000m sq, is the largest garden in Taif. It is designed for the recreation and enjoyment of the citizens. Facilities include children's playgrounds, sheltered seating areas, fountains and a Mosque. A lake, 7,200m sq in area, which features a waterfall running down from the hills, is spanned by a bridge.
camel racing, taif
From August every year in Taif a series of camel races are run each weekend, culminating in the finals in mid-September.
We went up in mid-August, and watched an afternoon's worth.
The races are 5km wide on a track which people drive along beside.
It was noisy, dusty, hot, but really an awesome experience.
See my travelogue which has a full account of the day and more pics.
Directions: Second exit past the Airforce Base.
On the very outskirts of Taif, there are baboons in the mountains.
People stop and feed them and take photos.
TomorrowsAngel's Related Pages
At Ta'if Travel Guide
- Things to Do in At Ta'if
- Hotels in At Ta'if
- Restaurants in At Ta'if
- Shopping in At Ta'if
- Warnings and Dangers in At Ta'if
- See All...
Explore the World
- El Achour Hotels
- Cherry Bend Hotels
- Mablethorpe Hotels
- Lake Vyrnwy
- Cayo Frances Hotels
- Waidhofen an der Ybbs
Badges & Stats in At Ta'if
- 5 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to At Ta'if?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in At Ta'if
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiddah Intro, 48 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 39 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Muscat Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arrowtown Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- India Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunedin Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Invercargill Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Agra Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos