"Taif" At Ta'if by TomorrowsAngel
At Ta'if Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 32 photos
I go to Taif every summer for a week or so with work. It's one of the more conservative cities in Saudi.
We go in summer, so there always lots of families here on vacation.
Up in these mountains it is hot and dry during the day, and pretty cool at night.
Taif (which lies south east of Jiddah and the Holy City of Makkah) stands 1,800m above sea-level on the eastern slopes of the Al-Sarawat mountains.
Taif is famous for its agricultural produce which includes grapes and honey.
Annual camel races are also held here. I went to them in 2003 - see my travelogue for pics.
We were down at the local souk and came across a small shop selling shwarma and melon juice. The atmosphere was friendly... more travel advice
From August every year in Taif a series of camel races are run each weekend, culminating in the finals in... more travel advice
TomorrowsAngel's Related Pages
At Ta'if Travel Guide
- Things to Do in At Ta'if
- Hotels in At Ta'if
- Restaurants in At Ta'if
- Shopping in At Ta'if
- Warnings and Dangers in At Ta'if
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in At Ta'if
- 5 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to At Ta'if?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in At Ta'if
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiddah Intro, 48 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 39 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Muscat Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arrowtown Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- India Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunedin Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Invercargill Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Agra Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos