"Rustaq" Rustaq by TomorrowsAngel
Rustaq Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 15 photos
Rustaq is sandwiched between the Batinah Coast and The Western Hajar Mountains.
Once the capital of the area, and always and important trading centre, it boasts a splendidly restored fort, believed to date from pre-Islamic times, hot springs and souq.
The once bustling souq area beside the fort now sees less activity since the construction of the new souq in Rustaq town, where Omani antiques such as traditional silver jewelers, Omani chests of wood and brass, rifles and khanjars are sold.
Be here before 1100 on weekends to hone your bargaining skills.
How to get there: lying on a loop of road thrown southward from the motorway, Rustaq is 125 km in the anti-clockwise direction, and 131 km in the clockwise direction, from Muscat.
While the source of the spring has been enclosed solely for viewing, the shaded rest area complete with playground makes... more travel advice
TomorrowsAngel's Related Pages
Rustaq Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rustaq - The former Capital of Oman"
- "Protecting the healing waters"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rustaq
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Rustaq?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rustaq
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiddah Intro, 48 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 39 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Muscat Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arrowtown Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- India Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunedin Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Invercargill Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Agra Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos