"Barka" Barka' by TomorrowsAngel
Barka' Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 54 photos
Barka's claim to fame is its famous omani halwa factory.
What is halwa you ask?
Halwa is a traditional Omani sweet made from sugar, clarified butter, cornstarch and a variety of flavorings including saffron, rose water and sometimes walnuts and almonds.
A lot of Arab countries make something similar - but the Omani version is the original and famous one.
TomorrowsAngel's Related Pages
Barka' Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "a fishmarket, a Fort & more !"
- "Barka', an important town on Oman's Batinah Coast"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barka'
- Hotels in Barka'
- Transportation in Barka'
- Warnings and Dangers in Barka'
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barka'
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Barka'?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barka'
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiddah Intro, 48 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 39 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Muscat Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arrowtown Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- India Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunedin Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Invercargill Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Agra Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos