"Nakhal" Nakhl by TomorrowsAngel
Nakhl Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 139 photos
Nakhl fort, 77 km from Muscat, dominates the villages between the Batinah Coast and The Western Hajar Mountains from its vantage point of up thrust rock. From inside the fort, the date plantations appear like a sea of green breaking around the base. The cool shady interior also provides welcome calm after the bustle of the Friday souq.
Furnished with period pieces, this fort provides a snapshot of life as it was during more stressful times.
The hot springs of Nakhl flow down the wadi.
We drove through Nakhal, stopping to load up on water supplies.
It was still early by Middle East standards - about 1000.
All the shopkeepers were just opening up.
Pop down to Ayn A' Thowarah and have a bath with the locals! Unfortunately if you're a woman - you gotta stay covered... more travel advice
TomorrowsAngel's Related Pages
Nakhl Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nakhl castle & Ain A'Thawwarah hot springs"
- "Nakhl - Town with Fort, Hot Spring & Mountains"
- "More of a Palace, less of a Fort"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nakhl
- 3 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Nakhl?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nakhl
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiddah Intro, 48 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 39 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Muscat Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arrowtown Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- India Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunedin Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Invercargill Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Agra Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos