"camels and coconut trees" Top 5 Page for this destination Salalah by TomorrowsAngel
Salalah Travel Guide: 101 reviews and 265 photos
Salalah is the capital of Dhofar (Oman's southernmost province) and is the birthplace of Sultan Al Qaboos.
It is definitely worth making the effort to get to it's great beaches and interesting ethnic mix.
The locals were easy to communicate with - 90% spoke English and Arabic.
Salalah is like a tropical island somewhere in the South Pacific.
Salalah is a great centrepoint to base oneself, there are lots of interesting daytrips nearby: including Job's Tomb, Mirbat's beautiful beaches, and Mughsail, famed for its blowholes and nearby groves of wild frankincense.
- Pros:coconut-fringed beaches and plantations of bananas and papaya
- Cons:nightlife is pretty limited
- In a nutshell:a taste of zanzibar in the heart of arabian desertland
This little shop was tucked away in a corner of the Al-Husn Souk. Dishdashas are worn by Omani men as traditional... more travel advice
The gold and silver part of Al-Husn souk has good quality silver khanjars, swords and jewellery. As well as traditional... more travel advice
TomorrowsAngel's Related Pages
Salalah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Salalah - My New Home"
- "camels and coconut trees"
- "Salalah the stunning jewel of Oman"
- "Salalah, Oman"
- "Salalah is a PARADISE"
- "Khareef Land"
- "Attraction of Salalah"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salalah
- Hotels in Salalah
- Transportation in Salalah
- Nightlife in Salalah
- Restaurants in Salalah
- Shopping in Salalah
- Warnings and Dangers in Salalah
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salalah
- 19 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Salalah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salalah
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiddah Intro, 48 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 39 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Muscat Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arrowtown Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- India Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunedin Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Invercargill Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Agra Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos