"bare my soul" TomorrowsAngel's Profile
Salam alaykum ~~~~ I'm Bec, from Invercargill (southernmost city in the world at the bottom of New Zealand). Current address: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Home is where the heart is ... I'm realising this more the older I get. And also I appreciate it a lot more now that I live overseas.
Do you like my picture of the cheese rolls?? They are quite a common lunch or snack type food 'down home', especially after a hard morning out on the farmor in the garden. I don't work outside much these days .. but I still appreciate a nice cheese roll...
multi-cultural.....reborn since the war.....fun.....ancient cities create energy.....modern.....long winter evenings sipping white wine downtown.....many religions.....small mountain villages are tranquil and real.....friendly citizens.....summer afternoons spent languishing on the beach.....velvety dusk settling in.....ripe peaches with hot sticky juice dripping down our chins
i've been wandering the paddocks close to home ..... life is so short and each day seems to go by in a heartbeat ..... my adventures were all milestones ..... beirut was my first overseas trip with my habibi ..... dubai was about saying ma'salama to my best mate who was on her way back to nz ..... london with my habibi was our first new years together ..... delhi/jaipur/jodhpur was a chance to say i love you and miss you to my kiwi and indian families ..... morocco opened my eyes to how much i take for granted like running water and electricity ..... lebanon for the second time with my habibi was awesome, like coming home to an old mate ..... as the song goes 'what the hell are you waiting for ..... i came i saw i conquered' - numb/encore by jay-z/linkin park
these are the places i visited in 2006:-
January - NZ/Dubai/Lebanon
April - NZ/Austria/Czech Republic/Hungary/Slovakia
July - Taif (inside KSA)
August - Dubai
September - NZ
November - Najran/Abha/Jizan (inside KSA) %c*
Mumbai, Delhi, Agra, Jaipur
Seeing my grandmother for the first time in 5 years was amazing - so happy, yet so sad....meeting other people who look like me but yet i don't have anything in common with - also sad....but our hearts are big and we will stay in contact and meet again enshallah.
picnicking amongst the locals down at the local river near Nakhal, Oman...experiencing camel races from the roof of a speeding 4WD in Taif, Saudi Arabia...attending a wedding in Alexandria, Egypt...walking around the Temple Street Night Market, Hong Kong...walking through the misty forests near Paradise, New Zealand where LOTR was filmed...climbing up and down the island caves in Halong Bay, Vietnam...mediating at the Hare Krishna Temple in Mumbai, India... are some of my adventures
I don't want the world to see me
coz I don't think that they'd
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am
And you can't fight the tears that ain't
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know you’re alive
(from Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls)
i spend my days dreaming of where i wanna go next ~~ each time you go somewhere new ~~ you become a different person ~~ part of your soul evolves ~~ i have so many ideas for 2007 ~~ a family wedding in agra, india in march ~~ nz with my habibi in april ~~ summer vacation to lebanon in august ~~ an african adventure in november ..... good luck with your travels too :-)
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 639 Reviews
- 1,011 Photos
- 11 Countries
- 73 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
- TomorrowsAngel and majed81 are now friends.
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Have you done this?"
- Commented on marimar_72's profile page
updated their Profile Page "bare my soul"
- updated a Arrowtown Travel Page "Arrowtown"
- Wrote a Review the old picadilly place shopping centre!! in Invercargill Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "the old picadilly place shopping centre!!"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiddah Intro, 48 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 39 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Muscat Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arrowtown Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- India Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunedin Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Invercargill Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Agra Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos