"bare my soul" TomorrowsAngel's Profile

world famous southland cheese rolls

Salam alaykum ~~~~ I'm Bec, from Invercargill (southernmost city in the world at the bottom of New Zealand). Current address: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

Home is where the heart is ... I'm realising this more the older I get. And also I appreciate it a lot more now that I live overseas.

Do you like my picture of the cheese rolls?? They are quite a common lunch or snack type food 'down home', especially after a hard morning out on the farmor in the garden. I don't work outside much these days .. but I still appreciate a nice cheese roll...

>>> l e b a n o n >>> t h o u g h t s >>>

multi-cultural.....reborn since the war.....fun.....ancient cities create energy.....modern.....long winter evenings sipping white wine downtown.....many religions.....small mountain villages are tranquil and real.....friendly citizens.....summer afternoons spent languishing on the beach.....velvety dusk settling in.....ripe peaches with hot sticky juice dripping down our chins

2 0 0 5 l i f e i s w o r t h i t

i've been wandering the paddocks close to home ..... life is so short and each day seems to go by in a heartbeat ..... my adventures were all milestones ..... beirut was my first overseas trip with my habibi ..... dubai was about saying ma'salama to my best mate who was on her way back to nz ..... london with my habibi was our first new years together ..... delhi/jaipur/jodhpur was a chance to say i love you and miss you to my kiwi and indian families ..... morocco opened my eyes to how much i take for granted like running water and electricity ..... lebanon for the second time with my habibi was awesome, like coming home to an old mate ..... as the song goes 'what the hell are you waiting for ..... i came i saw i conquered' - numb/encore by jay-z/linkin park

DESERT deLIGHT 2006

September - NZ
November - Najran/Abha/Jizan (inside KSA) %c*

india

Mumbai, Delhi, Agra, Jaipur
Seeing my grandmother for the first time in 5 years was amazing - so happy, yet so sad....meeting other people who look like me but yet i don't have anything in common with - also sad....but our hearts are big and we will stay in contact and meet again enshallah.

eyes are the windows to our souls

picnicking amongst the locals down at the local river near Nakhal, Oman...experiencing camel races from the roof of a speeding 4WD in Taif, Saudi Arabia...attending a wedding in Alexandria, Egypt...walking around the Temple Street Night Market, Hong Kong...walking through the misty forests near Paradise, New Zealand where LOTR was filmed...climbing up and down the island caves in Halong Bay, Vietnam...mediating at the Hare Krishna Temple in Mumbai, India... are some of my adventures

says it all

I don't want the world to see me
coz I don't think that they'd
understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And you can't fight the tears that ain't
coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know you’re alive

(from Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls)

w a n d e r l u s t 2 0 0 7

i spend my days dreaming of where i wanna go next ~~ each time you go somewhere new ~~ you become a different person ~~ part of your soul evolves ~~ i have so many ideas for 2007 ~~ a family wedding in agra, india in march ~~ nz with my habibi in april ~~ summer vacation to lebanon in august ~~ an african adventure in november ..... good luck with your travels too :-)

• Intro Updated Jan 17, 2007

• sdq's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2012 at 1:03 PM

!!!!! Happy Birthday !!!!!

• Usctwin's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Hi Bec, love your page. Great photos and tips. Hope you have a great birthday!

• connectingrod's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2012 at 2:51 AM

A BIRTHDAY is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip.

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Hey Bec, "Happy Birthday", with all my best wishes ... :)

• bal_gopal30's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM

happy birthday to you...love u...

• desert_princess's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2010 at 1:43 AM

All the best for your Birthday :)

• a2lopes's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Salam Bec. Happy birthday and many happy returns of the day. Greetings from Lisbon (the antipodes of Invercargill) which is waiting for your visit next May for the Euromeeting. It will be fun with vteers from all over.

• adeeltahir's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2009 at 8:52 AM

Happy happy Birthday. I wish a lot of hapiness and many great travels. May your all wishes comes true. Many Happy Returns of the Day and have a great day. Happy Birthday.

• Justin_goa's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Hi from Goa.. you are a featured member today! congrats!!

• Robmj's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2009 at 11:36 PM

Nice to see another "Invercargillite" on this site, all the best with your travels

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!