"the city of Kalabaka" Meteora by magdaki
Meteora Travel Guide: 383 reviews and 965 photos
I am not really able to provide a lot of information on the amazing monasteries of Meteora, although I have visited some of them. What I really enjoy when I am in that area is the long drive on the rocks from Kalambaka which leads you to the area of Pertouli.
For the time being here are some pictures contrasting the spectacular rocks with the neo-greek-regional architecture (a contrast which I find fascinating)
also, please excuse the poor quality of the pictures.. it's the best my poor little mobile phone can do, but I'm grateful for it!
magdaki's Related Pages
Meteora Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Meteora & Kalambaka"
- "A Place Devoted to God"
- "...beyond Kalambaka (over Kastraki) - Meteoraki:)"
- "Heavenly breaths of nature"
- "''Suspended in the air''."
- "This is the place YOU HAVE TO SEE! "
- "Soaring Rocks..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Meteora
- Hotels in Meteora
- Transportation in Meteora
- Nightlife in Meteora
- Restaurants in Meteora
- Shopping in Meteora
- Warnings and Dangers in Meteora
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Meteora
- 0 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Meteora?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Meteora
Photos in MeteoraSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Samothraki Island Intro, 15 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Thessaloniki Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Rotterdam Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Aristi Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jaipur Intro, 8 photos, 2 travelogues
- Meteora Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chandigarh Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Meteora hotel reviews
- Koka Roka
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 16, 2011